Why become a member? ×

Some info on loop pedals

JamieMillsBass

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get myself a loop pedal as my new band is a 3 peice and we have a lot of breakdowns and things that are bass layered over bass so to do these live I need one.

I don't need anything fancy just something that allows me to record a loop live, then record myself playing over the top, then record again with myself playing over the top of that. Probably up to about 5 layers would do. I don't need inbuilt drums or anything like that.

Also, a silly question. Say I have recorded a loop and then want to play over the top with a delay effect on my bass, once I hit the delay does that then add delay to the loop also? Or is there a way to bypass this?

Cheers,

Jamie

The looper will repeat whatever you record. If you record bass with delay (the delay pedal is before the looper in the chain) then it will loop bass with delay. If you put a delay pedal after the looper, it will add delay to the loops when you play them back. In the case of multiple layers, I reckon that could get pretty damn messy either way - it depends how tight you are I suppose

Ok cool, I'm not filled massively full of confidence that I'm gonna be able to pull this off from the responses so far! haha

Has anyone got any suggestions for specific loop pedals that may do the job of the above? I'm thinking I'll buy one anyways and see how it goes with the drummer, surely its like everything else and practice makes perfect right? lol