Why become a member? ×

Anyone heard of the Tone In Progress Third Hand?

woodyratm

Hey guys,
I'm not really getting on with the sounds of the Moog LPF - But i like the range of frequency's from my BEF.
Perfect solution - ditch the Moog, use the BEF with expression pedal. Only issue... It doesnt have an exp out!

So without going down the route of BEF Pro... I heard about this.

http://www.toneinprogress.com/index.html

Now this could be handy (excuse the pun) - its not that pricey and looks like it would do what I want..

Has anyone used/heard of them before? I seen a video on youtube of Paul Gilbert using one.

Thoughts?

Dave

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1329351269' post='1541301']
Very true! I think the source audio stuff has weird knobs? Do they come off normally? Because I think the third hand attaches to the pot shaft
[/quote]
I actually have no idea! Not attempted to take any of the knobs off yet.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1329374655' post='1541351']
Would she even notice the difference? Even if she did you could always say "That pedal you got me was so great I now need to trade up to the deluxe version!".
[/quote]

Haha she'd hold it against me for years :P she still winds me up about "the little purple pedal" aka a flanger. I bought it thinking it would make a huge difference to my sound - turns out i never used it and sold it 2 months later. :lol:

I once had this problem, being bought a pedal as a present but then flipping it for something better soon after. I went down the route of "it broke/was replaced by manufacturer for different product", could be the same get out of jail card you need.

Also, the 3rd hand doesn't seem so readily available in the UK. I'd swap for the BEF pro if I were in your shoes.

Edited by EskimoBassist