Why become a member? ×

Clean recorded bass loop to test effects with?

Dave Tipping

This might not be possible .. or may simply be a crud idea, but I'm basically looking for a way to run a clean bass sound into my zoom b3 so I can dabble with effect settings with my headphones on. Ideally by sticking a sound file onto my phone on repeat and sticking it into the input .. I guess with the "active" signal button pressed? Any ideas if this will work .. I'll obviously tweek the sound to suit my own bass and amp etc.. but I fancy devising a way to play with the effects in silent.

Also any ideas where to download clean bass lines / loops for this purpose? Or better ideas altogether?

I had hoped to use the looper ..then apply the effect to the recorded loop, this doesn't appear to be possible?

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1329175695' post='1538498']
Record a clean sound to your computer via usb with the B3. Then you can play that via either the headphone output on your PC or an MP3 player into the B3's input.
[/quote]

Good suggestion .. haven't bothered putting all the software onto my pc yet, stuck with just a netbook at home .. pain in the arse not having a cd drive. Any ideas where to download a clean 'direct' bass line? have looked on youtube but everything I've found is either distorted or terribly recorded.

The Alan Parsons 'Soundcheck' CD has a clean/un-compressed/un-EQ'd recorded bass part (with some bleed from the studio!); alternatively use Reaper or Audacity to record something direct off of your bass, then use a line out / re-amping box for the signal back into your B3?

I've got a USB interface for my laptop/PC which can handle simultaneous ins and outs for monitoring plus recording i.e playout through WinMedia / VLC / iTunes /iPod and record/play in time on bass into input with monitoring on 'phones or speakers.

HTH,
Ian