Why become a member? ×

Epi Jack Casady or Allen Woody

ikay

I'm interested in either of these for a new band project but would like to have a play before looking in earnest for one to buy.

If anyone in the Guilford/Horsham area of Surrey/West Sussex has one that they would be prepared to let me come round and try please drop me a pm.

Cheers, Ian

I used to own a Rumblekat but didn't play it much and only put it through my gig rig on the day I sold it, which is when I realised I'd made a big mistake. I almost bought another earlier this week but someone snapped it up before I pulled the trigger and now can't find anywhere that has one in stock.

Lovely bass to play because of the short scale, though if you've got shovel hands I suppose it might be a little cramped until you get used to it. Tone is just a huge. thumping delight. Very punchy when using a pick and sweet when using fingers.

Thanks Pete, I like the idea of the short scale Woody as well. I'm not sure whether this and the JC have been discontinued but I can't find either of them in stock anywhere. Be a shame if they have been dropped

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1328790676' post='1532637']
There's a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/166624-jack-casady-epiphone-l400-price-drop"]JC[/url] for sale on here right now!
[/quote]

Thanks and yes, that's part of what prompted me to post this! I'd like to try one first though (and ideally a Woody as well). This one's in Gloucester, a bit too far away to pop round and check it out.

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1328790507' post='1532630']
Thanks Pete, I like the idea of the short scale Woody as well. I'm not sure whether this and the JC have been discontinued but I can't find either of them in stock anywhere. Be a shame if they have been dropped
[/quote]

I don't think the JC has been discontinued - word around the campfire is that they're about to bring it out in silver burst:

Excuse the disgustingly large photo, but that's lifted off the Epiphone website.

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1328863625' post='1533744']
Hmm, that's nice too ... anyone played one of these?
[/quote]

I would love to know, also. I can afford a little out of the petty cash, and these were sounding reasonable in the few clips I'd managed to catch.