Why become a member? ×

Anti-feedback f-hole plugs

PaulKing

I've seen these for sale in the states, but they ain't cheap.
I've been using a scruffy DIY version for a year or two and they work absolutely brilliantly (for piezo pick ups). Fitted and removed in 2 seconds flat.
So I splashed out on some pucker materials and the right tools for the job.

This is the first set, they actually look neater in real life than the photos do justice to.

I'll be making a set for each of my basses ... but reckon I'll have enough materials left over to make another dozen sets at least.
it's quite a faff, takes a good 2-3 hours to make each set ... but if enough people were interested I might consider doing a few bespoke sets at a fair price. All I'd need is a precise outline of your f-hole.

If there's any interest, shout below. Hope this doesn't qualify as a commercial advert???

I paid up for the US ones. Trouble is I didn't do an exact enough tracing of the f-holes so they were'nt a perfect fit. I think they helped a bit with feedback but I am sure they would have helped more had they fitted exactly. They, incidentally, looked absolutely identical the ones you have crafted, Paul, so good job there!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1328603635' post='1529673']
... they were'nt a perfect fit ... . They, incidentally, looked absolutely identical the ones you have crafted...
[/quote]

If they're too big, some medium grain sandpaper will take off the excess neatly. If they're too small ... doh.

Identical? Gosh, what are the chances of that?

Just to be cear and fair ... I'm not going into business, so Mr Plug is still the man to go to for a pro product!.

I'd also be interested in a set of these - if you're not fed up with them after you've finished with Steve, Sarah and Gareth.

I'm currently experimenting with the inflated beach ball anti-feedback trick but it would be good to have other options.