Why become a member? ×

Fender aerodyne

Bassist on the Run

I was after one last year, they were everywhere second hand, here , ebay etc. By the time I'd got the money together...nothing but tumbleweed.
I got a US jazz in the end.
I did try one in Guitar Guitar in Brum, it wasn't set up (only the US delux stuff was) but it was still nice. If I could convince my wife that she needs one...(I'd even let her keep it with my basses)
BTW - the staff at guitar guitar were very helpful , I'd be happy to buy from them if I was after a new bass.

Edited by Dom in Somerset

I had the Jazz version - great bass, still think about buying another every now & then. I changed the bridge J pickup to a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack, as for one, it was what Duff McKagan uses, and for two, it was hum-cancelling. The bass itself was a joy to play, and nice & lightweight. The P/J combination I think is great. If I had to pick one negative it was no dots on the fretboard - not a huge downer though, is it?

I have one. I think no dots on the fretboard is a plus! There are dots on the side of the neck so you can tell what you're playing.

I have changed the pickups to bartolinis, and I also changed the bridge to a Babicz but the bridge swap hasn't really changed anything really. Other than that, great bass, super light and comfortable neck.

I'll add positive comments too. Easy to play, with a slick, fast neck, I love the minimalist black look, enhanced by lack of fret markers. Versatile too and lighter than most basses.

My Jazz-owning nephew came to stay and although I told him he could noodle on any of my basses, it was the Aerodyne he played the most.

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1328216498' post='1524021']
I have one. I think no dots on the fretboard is a plus! There are dots on the side of the neck so you can tell what you're playing.

I have changed the pickups to bartolinis, and I also changed the bridge to a Babicz but the bridge swap hasn't really changed anything really. Other than that, great bass, super light and comfortable neck.
[/quote]Bartolini..Babicz... Jazz PJ.. thats got to sound great..