Why become a member? ×

Sold - EBMM Stingray 4H 3EQ, Sunburst, Black, Maple

mr zed

Hi all,

Up for sale is my EBMM Stingray 4H 3EQ in a very nice sunburst with a black scratch plate and a maple board. The date of birth is 23/01/09 so she’s just celebrated her third birthday. I bought her new on 12/01/11.

I’d always really wanted a Stingray; the looks, the tone and the fact that Flea played one :D culminated in my buying this fine example after a long search for ‘the right one’.

The problem (if you can call it that) is that I also own a very nice Fender Jazz USA Deluxe. This has been my ‘go to’ instrument for the past couple of years and I thought that the Stingray would end up taking over this role, but it’s not quite worked out like that. The Jazz was always there; being taken for granted really, but recently I’ve come to realise that, for me, there is no better bass. It just suits my playing style, fits me like a glove and quietly gets on with it (OK maybe not so quietly but you get my drift).

Consequently, the Stingray has spent most of her life in her case. In fact, she’s only been played a handful of times. Yes, she looks stunning, plays like a dream and has that classic Stingray tone that many have tried (and failed) to emulate, but the Jazz is still my number one squeeze.

As a result, she is now being offered for sale. She is in absolutely mint condition. There is not a mark anywhere. 10/10. She is even still wearing her original strings and there is plenty of life left in them. Schaller straplocks are fitted and the original strap buttons will also be supplied.

If Stingrays are your thing then you’ll love this.

I’m not looking for trades as I want to put some money into a suspension upgrade to my Kawasaki Z1000 (with a Maxton front fork re-build and a new rear shock). If any of you know anything about bikes, you may know that the Z-thou’s suspension is a bit budget and a quality upgrade is both worthwhile and expensive <_<

So, bearing in mind the age and condition of the Stingray, I’m looking for £950 delivered to mainland UK addresses. Yes, this is top money for a Stingray but it really is as new (and Maxton suspension is expensive!).

Photos are here. [attachment=98712:Optimized-Basses 045.jpg][attachment=98713:Optimized-Basses 046.jpg][attachment=98714:Optimized-Basses 047.jpg][attachment=98715:Optimized-Basses 051.jpg][attachment=98716:Optimized-Basses 052.jpg][attachment=98717:Optimized-Basses 053.jpg][attachment=98718:Optimized-Basses 054.jpg][attachment=98719:Optimized-Basses 055.jpg][attachment=98711:Optimized-Basses 057.jpg][attachment=98721:Optimized-Basses 058.jpg][attachment=98722:Optimized-Basses 060.jpg][attachment=98723:Optimized-z1000 006.jpg][attachment=98720:Optimized-z1000 007.jpg]

Edited by mr zed

Thanks for your comments guys.

Xytras 1978 - I love the Fender USA Jazz deluxe and i'm sure the one you have on offer for a trade is a stunner, however, as stated in my post, I already have one of these (in sunburst, tort pickguard, rosewood) that i'm very happy with, but I don't need two so i'll pass on your offer thanks.

Photo here, I don't think she looks as nice as the Stingray but she just works for me.

[attachment=98869:Optimized-Basses 022.jpg]

Really after a sale so that I can invest in some motorcycle suspension upgrades so that I can spend some quality time with my other passion :D

Tom, thanks for clarifying the situation on my behalf and for your kind comments about the bass and yes, you're right, Mr S Ball & associates did a fine job on this one, she is indeed lovely.

cheers.

Edited by mr zed

Thanks for the comments guys.

Bassulike66, always fancied an HH stingray myself (or a 25th Anniversary in either HH or HSS :gas: ). One day maybe.

Funkygreega, this could be your next bass :lol: Best of luck with your search for the right one.