Why become a member? ×

Sold - Zoot Iceni Funkmeister 5

gilmour

It pains me to put this bass up for sale as it's the most beautiful instrument I've owned (IMO etc etc) however I just don't play it so much as I've never got on with the 35" scale (ligament damage in my fretting hand :( ) and have another bass incoming, you all know the rest.

Anyway this bass is about a year old and is in VGC apart from a slight damage to the finish (details below), it's never been gigged and has rarely left the house.

Specifications:
• Iceni Funkmeister 5 string, 35" scale
• Hi gloss, Ebony burst finish
• Chrome Hardware
• Idigbo body
• Three piece maple neck, ebony veneers
• Maple fretboard, no markers
• Burl Walnut veneer top, matching headstock
• Smoked clear scratch-plate
• John East J-Retro 01 deluxe preamp
• DiMarzio ultra jazz pickups
• Customized BadAss bridge, for top loading or string through

Here's some pics taken by Richard H (he's a better photographer than me!)

[b]The bad bit[/b] is that at some point last summer (I have no idea when) the bass got some damage to the great finish. I've taken some pics, below. Fortunately the damage is only in the balck area of the finish, and not in the burst so should be repairable if desired. I feel that the price fairly reflects this...

You really can't notice the damage from the front of the bass...

PRICE DROP: £800 collected
Can post at buyers expense, and we'd have to work out something about a hard case.

I will consider trades or part trades with cash coming my way, tempt me... ;)

Edited by gilmour

These got a great review in Bass Guitar Magazine a while back... cant seem to find the review though

edit... different pups mind [url="http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/component/content/article/37-bassguitars/260-overwater-preception-pro-deluxe-5-v-iceni-zoot-funkmeister-5.html"]http://www.bassguita...kmeister-5.html[/url]

Edited by bubinga5

Yeah, I spec'd he DiMarzio's alongside the John East pre. Sounds monster in passive, and in active mode there's an amazing array of tones possible from it.

I really like the DiMarzio's and have just ordered a new set for a project bass :D

Edited by gilmour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...