Why become a member? ×

Black MM Stingray 5

Rayman

I'm looking to move my SR5 on. I'm totally in love with the 4 stringer, and this one, as much as I love it, just isn't being used.

Black body, rosewood neck (looks like ebony, very dark) and a matching black headstock. I don't know the age, but I'd guess it's only a handful of years old, if that. Got to be honest, I just don't do black anymore, it's just too..........black.

Superb condition, superb, tone and a superb player. Bigger and [i]darker[/i] sounding than my 4 stringer, it's a real cracker. A few light scratches on the pickguard, but I can't find any marks on the body.

There's no case, so I'd rather meet if possible, I can get across a fair bit of the country within reason.

Price, dunno........what are they going for now? £900?

Trade bait.....I'm after a 4 string Fender Jazz to go with the 4 string Stingray. Or, I could be tempted by a Bongo, never had one.

NOW TRADED !!!!

Edited by Rayman

It looks superb! Shame I'm not a fan of 5's really, otherwise I'd be pushing you for a part exchange or something, esp. considering how close you are..

Off-topic, but I see you're in Macc - are you familiar with Shackley Motorcycles? The guy's son is my drummer :P

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1327834094' post='1517278']
That's stunning, I miss my black SR5, shame you are the other end of the country to me :(
[/quote]Half way meet up Oxfordish, 2 hour drive a piece.

None more black? Bongo Stealth, the whole neck is black too iirc

Thanks for the nice comments. I've had a few Stingrays, and this one is right up there with the best of them for sure.

Stealth Bongo eh? A mate of mine had one a few years back, lovely basses. I've never owned a bongo, but a few mates have, and I've been impressed with them all.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1327834602' post='1517284']
Half way meet up Oxfordish, 2 hour drive a piece.[/quote]

Good idea alas I have almost no spare time over the next few weeks and I doubt this beauty will be around for long.