Why become a member? ×

1974 Fender Jazz TSB with Maple neck- Now SOLD

martin8708

Due to a cut in wages in the new year , I am selling off some gear . I bought this off Clarky about 18 months ago as I fancied a Jazz , but I prefer the neck width of a Precision .
As far as I can see , the only issue is the brass nut , I think I have a white replacement one somewhere , which I will include in the sale .
There is a sizable compression ding in the lower bout of the body as per the photo .
The pots and neck are dated 74 , the frets do have some wear , but the bass plays fine . I find the maple neck gives it a bit more snap +growl than the rosewood necks , but thats only my humble opinion .
I am based on the Isle of Wight , I can meet in person in Lymington / Southampton / Portsmouth or possible do a day trip to London . I will post or Courier the bass too, There is no hardcase , but I can include a gig bag in the sale .
This is probably one of the last 4-bolters before Fender took the leap over the cliff with the 3 -bolt neck.
Cheers for Looking
Martin
Ps the Markbass rig is also for sale
Price reduced to £1500 excl delivery ,

Edited by martin8708

Hi Shadowalka, ( and Clarky , thanks for your help )
I have just weighted it on the bathroom digital scales and getting 4.4 Kg or 9.6 lb in old money .
Its not a pre- CBS lightweight weight , but then its not a late 70's boat anchor , more middleweight .
I will knock £100 of the price to sweeten the deal if your interested . ( £1500 excl delivery )

• 3 weeks later...