Why become a member? ×

F bass bn6 vs roscoe century signature 6

fiatcoupe432

I suspect the neck on the Roscoe would be quite a bit slimmer than the F - although that's based on my recollections of my old BN5 and a Roscoe 5 I player some years earlier. The F sound is quite traditional too, and the Roscoe more modern sounding?
I'm sure you wouldn't go wrong with either although the F basses tend only to come in Ash/Maple wood combos from what I've seen (with the occasional ebony finger board and exotic top).

The Roscoe does have a hotter output and a more modern sound. However, you have to like the Bartolini sound...

The FBass on the other hand has a great preamp that is organic sounding and versatile. I find the BN's to be more ergonomic. They output is a little lower on the FBass - but that's what gain knobs are for. :D

BTW, you can also look at the FBass VF series - it's their take on the classic Jazz bass. Hotter output, 34" scale, and you can get alder body/rosewood board or ash body/maple board standard...