Why become a member? ×

2012 NAMM Markbass products - finally they listened!

Musicman20

It seems that not getting a new LM3 was perhaps a good idea.

Check [url="http://www.markbass.it"]www.markbass.it[/url] and download their 2012 brochure!

A very small 500W digital amp, with aux/headphone in and a MUTE! My word...a MUTE!!!!

It's good to see them catch back up. Interested to know the price!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1326986863' post='1504767']

Check [url="http://www.markbass.it"]www.markbass.it[/url] and download their 2012 brochure!

A very small 500W digital amp, with aux/headphone in and a MUTE! My word...a MUTE!!!!

[/quote]
The little 500W amp is very cute indeed. Wonder when that will become available?

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1326987912' post='1504789']
Cough Cough.... GK MB500...... Cough Cough
[/quote]

True...not sure I'm a GK tone fan until I've spent more time with them though...but I do like GK's price points!

Aguilar have noted on Talkbass that the power module GK use for the MB500 is actually the same as the one used in their new TH350...which is only 350 watts. Strange!

Any news on the MB800?

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1326986863' post='1504767']

[/quote]

It looks to me like the mute is footswitch only unless im missing something. Give with one hand and take with the other?

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1326987800' post='1504787']
Haha, style isn't their strongpoint!
[/quote]

Which is a terrible shame because if Markbass stuff didn't take their inspiration from caution signs then I'd get a Markbass rig because they sound so great. They are bloody ugly amps (no offense intended to Markbass owners!).

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1326991932' post='1504876']
It looks to me like the mute is footswitch only unless im missing something. Give with one hand and take with the other?
[/quote]

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I think you are right. I bet the footswitch is £150.00.

Well, that takes that out of the running unless its amazingly well prices like £550.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1326994192' post='1504943']
Which is a terrible shame because if Markbass stuff didn't take their inspiration from caution signs then I'd get a Markbass rig because they sound so great. They are bloody ugly amps (no offense intended to Markbass owners!).
[/quote]

The TC stuff and Aguilar stuff you mentioned in your thread is probably the nicest most slick looking bass gear out there.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1327005404' post='1505191']
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I think you are right. I bet the footswitch is £150.00.

Well, that takes that out of the running unless its amazingly well prices like £550.
[/quote]
Well it looks like it offers a bit more than the F1, and we know how much that costs. I doubt it will be under £700 but i could be wrong.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1327005445' post='1505192']
The TC stuff and Aguilar stuff you mentioned in your thread is probably the nicest most slick looking bass gear out there.
[/quote]

I know! It's a bit wrong of me to judge amps on looks, but actually it's as crucial as anything to have an aesthetically pleasing bit of kit as it shows a company that are in touch with design as well as functionality. Aguilar and TC are slick. I especially love the minimalism of Aguilar's DB750/751's.

I've read that Markbass are discontinuing the F1/F500 for this new 'Big Bang'. Weird. It seems to be that recently they've lost touch with what modern bass player's want. I would personally assume that the LM3, F1/500, and the new Randy Jackson TTE are the best sellers, but what do I know haha.

They just needed a LM4 with the new upgrades and a button mute, and a price drop on the F500 or a new version that is more budget friendly, (its been in productions for years but the price is still high).