Why become a member? ×

Today I shall be watching...Guy Pratt!

acidbass

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1326734323' post='1501257']
OK, simple: Guy Pratt - GREAT bassist. great choice of notes, great feel and great sound.

I consider myself enlightened! I look forward to reading the book. Cheers Dave!
[/quote]

Glad its going to get read after all this time, Its a good read. I found out he lived a few streets from where i live now. He say's he still pops back and loves the Southbank, maybe ill bump in to him one day :-)
If he does read this thread i hope he doesnt begrudge me passing the book on ;-)

Well if he wants to come on here and put his own slant on things I will donate £20 to his favourite charity (this forum?) ;)

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1326734581' post='1501265']
Glad its going to get read after all this time, Its a good read. I found out he lived a few streets from where i live now. He say's he still pops back and loves the Southbank, maybe ill bump in to him one day :-)
If he does read this thread i hope he doesnt begrudge me passing the book on ;-)
[/quote]

I only know him from the Floyd tours and haven't watched that many of his interviews apart from the one posted on BC from an Oz chat or quiz show.
I personally thought he came across pretty well and didn't get the impression he was anything other than average Joe when interviewed.
I certainly didn't get the arrogant full of himself bulls**tt*r with a taste for the inventive truth that's coming across here.

Are most of the issues being stated on the thread from the book which seems to be the case. If so it sounds like i need to get a read because its doing exactly what a good book should do and create discussion if not controversy among fellow musicians. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1326891624' post='1503266']
Im just watching his icanplayit.com videos and have to admit he doesn't strike me as arrogant as i first thought, Pretty casual and down to earth bloke really.
[/quote]

I think he is just a very bubbly character. May be overpowering to some. I do know that I like his playing a lot.

And the book arrived!
In a perfectly snug cardboard box.
Really looking forward to the read.
Many many many thanks Dave. :)

Edited by leftyhook