Why become a member? ×

Wariwick Nut needs replacing......

Prime_BASS

I just took the strings completely off, all at once as im installing my favourite pickup.

The whole top section (thats adjustable via small grub screws.) has come completly off and the two side sections that I assume hold it on, have come clean off, not even any pressure applied and they were flimsy as wet paper.

Anyway, how to fix?
My guess is that I need a whole new nut. I'm sending an email to CS at warwick to see what they say, but in the mean time ideas?

Same thing happened to two of my Warwick's a few years ago. Warwick sent me replacements (there are lots of videos on TouTube showing you how to replace a nut), but the only thing that kept the nut stable was the pressure of the strings alone and hoped that the nut stayed put. I cursed the day Warwick changed their nut design to tht piece of rubbish.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1326304676' post='1495232']
I just took the strings completely off, all at once as im installing my favourite pickup.

The whole top section (thats adjustable via small grub screws.) has come completly off and the two side sections that I assume hold it on, have come clean off, not even any pressure applied and they were flimsy as wet paper.

Anyway, how to fix?
My guess is that I need a whole new nut. I'm sending an email to CS at warwick to see what they say, but in the mean time ideas?
[/quote]
Hopefully Warwick will sort you out, but in the meantime, can't you just put the nut back on and let the strings hold it in place? I didn't think the side clips were essential.

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1326315617' post='1495472']
Ah, the JAN II strikes again. Yes, the nut will stay on with just the force of the strings. Prepare to buy a JAN III though. It's easy enough to fit and a vastly superior design.
[/quote]

I know someone who's just done precisely this. Order the III from Warwick and paid a decent luthier £30 to fit it along with a complete set up.

Not a tricky job :£