Why become a member? ×

Half Rack size tuner

brensabre79

Ok so my old rig was a standard 19" Rackmount width and my 1U rack tuner made total sense. Now I have a Genz Benz shuttle and I cannot find a half rack size tuner to sit on top.
I hate having pedals on the floor, although I do use them for some gigs. But I'd like a tuner that is the same width as my Shuttle. I'm sure Boss used to make one but I can't find any. Does anyone know of one that is currently available?

Actually while I'm on it does anybody make any half rack cases so I can pop the amp and the tuner in?

Cheers
B

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1326309552' post='1495337']
That's really neat, Dave.

Where did you find the rack-ears for the GK amp? And how does that design work?
[/quote]

1U and 2U rack ears are readily available from a number of sources. For the GK it was a case of drilling fixing holes in the rack ears to line-up with the tapped holes in the GK, finding some spacers of the right internal diameter and cutting them to length, then getting the right size screws of the right length and finally making it all fit. Similar process for the Boss and the dbx.

You ask how does it work? I plug it into the speakers, connect the National Grid interface, plug in the bass and it makes a noise. :D

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1326306750' post='1495281']
I pcked up a Boss TU-50 from here and mounted it with a dbx compressor and a GK MB200 is a half-rack case I giot from Ebay.

One day I'm going transplant it into a 1/2 rack size aluminium flightcase.
[/quote]

That looks sweet, exactly what I'm after! I'll have to keep a look out for a TU-50 then :) You'd think GK or MB or GB or someone would make a tuner that fits with these new half rack amps they are missing an opportunity!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1326306750' post='1495281']
I pcked up a Boss TU-50 from here and mounted it with a dbx compressor and a GK MB200 is a half-rack case I giot from Ebay.

One day I'm going transplant it into a 1/2 rack size aluminium flightcase.
[/quote]

This is brilliant. I've just got an MB200 myself and I've already started thinking of a rack mounted compressor and maybe a separate power amp so I can extend to two cabs for bigger gigs.

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1329304173' post='1540212']
I think you should make a full size rack and sell me your Boss tuner and the 1/2 rack :)
[/quote]

I'm just about to order a custom flightcase to take the Fusion, tuner and dbx so I will sell you the rack. In fact i have 2 of them to go.

Thanks Liam, I'm after something I can put in a half rack - very much like obbm's setup (minus the dbx) so I can just plug in and play.
I must admit since getting and using a zoom b3 live the need has dwindled a little and I've seen no sign of anyone willing to part with their half rack sized tuner in 6 months of looking!

obbm - how much would you want for the half-rack?

Thanks
Bren

• 1 year later...

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1329740003' post='1546482']

I'm just about to order a custom flightcase to take the Fusion, tuner and dbx so I will sell you the rack. In fact i have 2 of them to go.
[/quote]

Where did you order your custom case from? I have the MB800 with 19" ears, but I've decided to edit them to fit a new custom case that I've yet to order. Simply to avoid having a massive case for such a small head. It's slightly less than 11", 13" once I've trimmed the ears.

Where's good for such things?

[quote name='Jumanji' timestamp='1381880548' post='2245063']
Where did you order your custom case from? I have the MB800 with 19" ears, but I've decided to edit them to fit a new custom case that I've yet to order. Simply to avoid having a massive case for such a small head. It's slightly less than 11", 13" once I've trimmed the ears.

Where's good for such things?
[/quote]

I produced a set of drawing giving the exact dimensions of the case including the locarion and spacing of the rack strip. It was then made by Flightcase Warehouse. There are photos of the finished case somewhere on here.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='RandomProddy' timestamp='1383499524' post='2265100']
obbm, you still selling the second half-rack? Long shot I know... ;)
[/quote]

Not as long as you thought. Yes I do. I'll send you some pictures tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...