Why become a member? ×

New Gig, New Rig hit me with smallish goodish amps

Dave Vader

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1326127478' post='1492644']
I've got one of those laptop-friendly rucksacks - RH450 slotted into the laptop bit, all the leads, screwdrivers, spare strings, etc in the other bit. That on the back, bass in one hand, 800w 2x15 cab in the other.
[/quote]

I second that. RH450 & leads in a laptop bag over one shoulder, Genz Benz STL-10T cab in one hand, bass in the other. Of these, the cab is the lightest, followed by the head - the bass really is the heaviest bit!

Needless to say, I use a bigger 2x12 cab for proper sized gigs, but always use this smaller setup for rehearsals or tiny gigs, or at a pinch where I've got decent PA support.

• 2 weeks later...

[size=4]Don't quit your other band. You'll need to fill your time when the singer is off doing solo stuff. [/size]

[size=4]And when the management decides the band isn't pretty enough or it's too expensive and they get a bunch of players for £30 a week you'll find you still need the other band.[/size]

[size=4]Keep your amp and get a Barefaced Compact or Big Baby. Get flight cases, your gear will need protecting from now on.[/size]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1327625473' post='1514570']
[size=4]Don't quit your other band. You'll need to fill your time when the singer is off doing solo stuff. [/size]

[size=4]And when the management decides the band isn't pretty enough or it's too expensive and they get a bunch of players for £30 a week you'll find you still need the other band.[/size]

[size=4]Keep your amp and get a Barefaced Compact or Big Baby. Get flight cases, your gear will need protecting from now on.[/size]
[/quote]

Oh a compact would be nice...
And I'm trying to get more spare time to spend with the wife, so extra time is good.
Other bands are surprisingly easy to come by these days, i have turned down 4 offers in the last few weeks. And I was tiring of the other band anyway, not my kind of music, and I was only doing it for the dosh, and as a favour to the singer who is a mate. Don't need the dosh now.
But a compact would be nice....

Oh and that fender looks nice too...