Why become a member? ×

Bassless for a month, how will I cope?

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1326268864' post='1494580']
House has 7 bedrooms so why the hell we need any more room is more down to the mrs than me.
[/quote]

Ooooo.... there are some lovely big houses in Hessle, next time I pass through I'll listen out for any bass tones wafting from any of them and knock on the door. Get the kettle on. :lol:

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1326268864' post='1494580']
Last year I have had almost every room in my house done in the same way- builder said 5 weeks- they started in June 2011 and left the house 20th December. Great job though. Were able to have one room at least available for my use so kept musical stuff in there.
As long as you are doing something musical I dont think there would be a problem-brush up on your reading skills- you dont need a bass for that.

Phase two for us this year when the back of the house that has the kitchen in etc is knocked down and an extension built. House has 7 bedrooms so why the hell we need any more room is more down to the mrs than me.
[/quote]

First the front and now the back.
Is that not a new house you've just built. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:
Sounds like a lot of work being done by contractors.
Why not tackle it yourself, save a few quid and buy another bass with the profits. :D

Cheers
Dave :lol:

Bass withdrawal sympthoms is kicking in now... it's been a week now and the workmen have been extremely busy, it's a small house and 9 blokes working all at once are doing some pretty fast progress, my son's room is done already just waiting on the new furniture, the living room also nearly done, the bathroom on the knocking whereas the kitchen has just been tiled and next week all the new cupboards and new appliances will be fitted. As soon as the living room is done I will be moved out of my bedroom temporarily and then they can start working on it. But all is going according to schedule except the bad wheather is slowing down the garden works. The new shed which is huge has been delivered all flat packed and stored on the back of the house wating to be built.

I really miss my basses.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1326998687' post='1505041']
Surely someone nearby has a cheapo you can borrow?[/quote]

The problem is that even if there was, the only room I have left to live in is my bedroom (see pic below) and it's crammed with stuff that couldn't be boxed up and stored outside in the garden so having even a cheap bass would not be any help. I can't swing a cat in there!! Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r200/xt660/e28c695b.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1326998687' post='1505041']
So we expect to see your collection in the for sale soon when they start hitting you for all the extras :)
[/quote]

Well no that won't happen, I have sufficient funds for these works and some...

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1327041235' post='1505496']
The problem is that even if there was, the only room I have left to live in is my bedroom (see pic below) and it's crammed with stuff that couldn't be boxed up and stored outside in the garden so having even a cheap bass would not be any help. I can't swing a cat in there!! Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Well no that won't happen, I have sufficient funds for these works and some...
[/quote]

Nah, that's not crammed. When I was in a similar position last year I didn't let it stop me playing bass.

Top tip: find two large sturdy old wardrobes, lay them on their back where your bed usually goes. Fill them full of stuff, shut the doors and then put the bed on top. Add to that I had two mattresses so I needed a 4x10 cab as a step to get into bed.