Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5-String Neck ***SOLD***

For sale is a 2003 Korean Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5-string neck taken from a Lakland/Prose 'project' bass I bought recently. It's in reasonable overall condition, apart from a small split behind the nut caused by the truss rod retainer being too close to the surface.

It seems that this was a not uncommon problem with some of the early Skylines, but the neck is straight and stable, and the split has not worsened in the three or four years since the bass was assembled. I managed to get hold of a new JO neck and had it swapped for purely cosmetic reasons while I was having other work done to the body and electronics.

A perfectly serviceable neck, but not pristine, hence I'm letting it go for a mere £75 posted in the UK...

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead

I was the first owner of this neck (and the Prosebass Custom V to which it was attached). A very nice neck, delight to play, and no problem with the splittage.

If you haven't tried a 5-string with a 35" scale, then this could form the basis of a very cheap way of experimenting.