Why become a member? ×

Backing Track?

mrtcat

Hey all,

My band are looking at adding American Pie to our set but we don't have a keys player. Our drummer can play to a click without issue. Any ideas where I could get a piano part with click? Preferably a track with music panned one way and click the other.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and you'll undoubtedly be rewarded in whichever afterlife you subscribe to.

If you can find a MIDI file of the whole song, and you or someone in your band is suitably tech-savvy, it'd be pretty straightforward to knock one up yourself, and probably easier to cone by than a track of just the keys part.

Having said that, crez is right, I wouldn't say it was essential and you could get by fine without it - seems a lot of trouble and extra setting up if you're only using it for that one song!

Thanks for the help chaps. Wanted a piano part as I love the feel it gives to the song but I think it'll be a case of a slight re-jig to make it work without one. We don't do backing tracks to this point but was just thinking it may help fill out nicely as we only have 1 guitarist.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1325702091' post='1486386']
Thanks for the help chaps. Wanted a piano part as I love the feel it gives to the song but I think it'll be a case of a slight re-jig to make it work without one. We don't do backing tracks to this point but was just thinking it may help fill out nicely as we only have 1 guitarist.
[/quote]
I can't ever remember hearing keys in the song and i must have heard it a million times. All your audience will want to do is sing along to the chorus so i think you chose the right option.

Its sometimes offputting when you do a track and think that there is something missing but in 25 odd years of playing covers nobody from the audience has ever made a comment about missing instruments and over the years i have played some very big arrangements with very limited lineups.

If you don't like the feel of it choose another song. Advantage of a cover band is that you have millions of songs to ruin :lol: