Why become a member? ×

My dream bass....!!!

Bobby K

Available only to US buyers, but what a beauty! :gas:

A vintage Yamaha BB2000 in natural, with original case

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-BB2000-Bass-w-OHSC-MIJ-EXC-/170755013006?pt=Guitar&hash=item27c1cab98e#shId"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-BB2000-Bass-w-OHSC-MIJ-EXC-/170755013006?pt=Guitar&hash=item27c1cab98e#shId[/url]

One day.... :rolleyes:

I don't know why he won't ship outside the US, wherever it's going it needs to be packed the same? I've bought a few basses from the US in the past when the pound was stronger, as long as you pay the shipping and insurance I can't see the problem. Have you asked the guy if he'd be prepared to ship outside the US? They might do. (If he is just make sure you have enough to pay HM Customs as well - robbing ********).

It's come at a bad time for me anyway to be honest, can't afford it (The bass you really want comes up when you've just bought one etc etc)

Yep, customs charges are a right pain! <_<

This won't be around for long, I'm pretty certain...

You're not wrong, that's the way it normally works, get something you like because you can't find the bass that you really want and then one appears on here or Ebay when you don't have the money, if you tried to sell another bass to fund it then it would be gone and you're back to square one, the never ending GAS circle :-)

I see you like your Yamaha's, a bit like myself?

Yep, too true regarding the GAS circle :rolleyes:

Yes, love the Yams, particularly the old BB's. My BB1200 is just like that 2000 and pretty mint for a 1979 bass!

Here it is with the rest of the stable

[URL=http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Bobbyk_album/basses%20on%20couch/?action=view&current=IMG_20111228_132426.jpg][IMG]http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/Bobbyk_album/basses%20on%20couch/th_IMG_20111228_132426.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I did have a 1500A like yourself, but traded it for the 1100s - loved the 1500A but the sound wasn't quite what I needed

Nice collection, I love the BB1500A as it is almost identical to my old TRB4, same pickups and electronics, although I indulged and put some TI Flats on it and it sounds lovely. I did have a BB2004 and 2005 but just didn't get on with them to be honest, I always end up going back to my TRB4.

I'm sure you'll get your hands on a 2000 as some point.

Afraid some (perhaps many) Americans don't quite fathom that shipping to Europe for them is about the same amount of hassle. I actually bought a bass from the US before, where the sender did not want to ship to me. So what I did was use a forwarding company..... i.e. the guy sent to them, they checked if all was well and sent me a picture, they repacked and sent via courier (saved me hugely on costs, as they had wholesale discount).

Can send details if need be, they did a good job for me.

[quote name='martfitz' timestamp='1325154546' post='1480235']
I don't know why he won't ship outside the US, wherever it's going it needs to be packed the same? I've bought a few basses from the US in the past when the pound was stronger, as long as you pay the shipping and insurance I can't see the problem. Have you asked the guy if he'd be prepared to ship outside the US? They might do. (If he is just make sure you have enough to pay HM Customs as well - robbing ********).
[/quote]

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1325163614' post='1480380']
Afraid some (perhaps many) Americans don't quite fathom that shipping to Europe for them is about the same amount of hassle. I actually bought a bass from the US before, where the sender did not want to ship to me. So what I did was use a forwarding company..... i.e. the guy sent to them, they checked if all was well and sent me a picture, they repacked and sent via courier (saved me hugely on costs, as they had wholesale discount).

Can send details if need be, they did a good job for me.
[/quote]

I've done similar as well, I have a friend out there where I've shipped stuff to before where the person did not want to ship to the UK, doesn't make sense really, they were happy to take my money and ship it nearly 3000 miles from one side of the States to the other then my friend did the same again, barking mad really :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Like buses these it seems; none for ages and then a few turn up...typical!

Only problem with this one, pickups and knobs have been changed, hipshot added :rolleyes:

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-BB2000-With-Original-Hard-Shell-Case-/180793821203?pt=Guitar&hash=item2a1826c813#ht_500wt_949"]http://www.ebay.com/...13#ht_500wt_949[/url]

Butchered! :(

Edited by Bobby K

The natural ones don't come up as often. For two with serials starting 12 ('83/'84) to come along so close together is quite unusual. The second one listed hasn't been badly tampered with, compared with the ones which come along with lightened and reshaped bodies and headstocks. Anyway, wasn't me who pulled the trigger on either, although it's always tempting. An earlier serial and I might.