Why become a member? ×

Bass Stolen In Liverpool

JakeFoordBass

Sorry to hear of this man, but really.. overnight??? in a car... in Aigburth??? (I used to live in Liverpool) I know it's not a terrible area but there are a huge number of opportunist thieves around and about in Liverpool at night, t'was the same when I was in Manchester, I even had 2 guys approach my car as I pulled up after a gig one night. I drove off and found some police. Gear in a car is a massive target...

oh f***... sorry my misunderstanding... that really is awful... I hope you get it back mate.

I knew a guy that went to a takeaway in Stoke leaving his double bass in the car for 10 mins, when he came back it was gone, convinced they couldn't have gone far he rushed around the area thinking he'd see someone struggling away with a 6ft tall instrument, he found 2 kids in a snowy supermarket car park having smashed the front in and using his bass as a sledge. He did retrieve all the pieces (a hundred so the tale goes) and had it rebuilt.

Edited by jakenewmanbass

[quote name='JakeFoordBass' timestamp='1324214517' post='1471832']
Mate, wasn't in there overnight, not that dumb! I was just loading in for a gig, left the car for 2 minutes to run up and lock my flat! Admittedly the car was unlocked, that is dumb. Had a PA etc in there so didn't even notice until we unloaded at the other end!!!
[/quote]

You left your car unlocked with your basses in it?

Are you sure your insurance is going to cover that....

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1324217598' post='1471887']
You left your car unlocked with your basses in it?

Are you sure your insurance is going to cover that....
[/quote]

Yeah, Allianz Powerplay is great. Covered all over the world including theft from an unattended, unlocked car! Lucky I went with them really!

Cheers guys, will post a photo when I find a clear one. Gonna have a call round the Cash Convertors tomorrow.