Why become a member? ×

FS: Yamaha TRB 1005 Trans Dark Red *SOLD*

TRBboy

Hi All,

Thinking of selling my TRB1005 as I really don't use it. Bought brand new last year for a specific project (which didn't last long), it has only done about 6 rehearsals and 1 gig. It is in immaculate condition, with no dings or scratches to speak of. It is Translucent Dark Red with Black hardware (this colour option is no longer available), and sounds AMAZING! The neck is lovely and easy to play, and it has an active 3-band EQ. As usual, the 35" scale means the B string is fantastic! Sound-wise it is very versatile, but always kind of reminds me of a modern, active, J-type bass; it can have real clarity and bite or a nice full, solid bottom end.

[b] Specs[/b]:

[b]Body:[/b] Alder with Flamed Maple top
[b]Neck:[/b] 3-piece Maple with Rosewood fingerboard and pearloid inlays
[b]Scale Length:[/b] 35" (889mm)
[b]Pickups:[/b] Alnico V Hum-cancelling (X2)
[b]Bridge:[/b] Solid Brass
[b]Controls:[/b] 3-band active EQ (vol, blend, bass, mid, treble)

Thanks for looking!

[b]EDIT:[/b] Forgot to mention, I will include a "vintage" Hiscox ABS case, and courier delivery within mainland UK.

[attachment=95445:IMG_1649.JPG]

[attachment=95446:IMG_1650.JPG]

[attachment=95448:IMG_1652.JPG]

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='MuckedUpFunkies' timestamp='1323868802' post='1467969']
Pics? ;D
[/quote]

I will try to get pics up ASAP, but it may not be til tomorrow evening.

I'll add it above, but just to say that the bass will come with a "vintage" Hiscox ABS case, and will also include courier delivery within mainland UK.

Ta

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1324201065' post='1471623']
That's a beauty. I few years ago I wanted a TRB1006 in Trans Red and still they look awesome. They are solid instruments and this is a reasonable price, good luck with the sale !
[/quote]

Cheers man, it is a great bass but I just don't use it. Hopefully it'll go to someone who'll use it regularly and enjoy it!

[quote name='MikanHannille' timestamp='1325791383' post='1487872']
Really interested on this. But I have to sell my Squier Vintage Modified V first at the end of this month before I can afford this. Hope it's still here by then!!
[/quote]

Have you got a buyer lined up for the Squier? If you're serious about the end of the month I could hold it for you possibly.....