Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Advice: How much should I ask for this?

markyboy2106

[quote name='markyboy2106' post='164940' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:37 PM']BrownBurst
Fender Gig Bag
DiMarzio Jazz pick ups (mod)
Badass II Bridge (mod)
Vintage Mint Green Scratchplate (mod)
New pots

I've got no real idea for asking price

Not sure if selling yet, may do depending on feedback[/quote]

One interesting aside here...some friends of ours want to throw about £100K at building an extension on their house. The place is worth c.£450K - the ceiling price for homes in their general area is £450K, so there is no way the house could make £550K after the work is done.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but MIM Jazzes, will always be MIM Jazzes irrespective of what mods you do to them and they'll always have a ceiling price of £250.00-ish. One (white) just went on eBay for £210.00 - there's a sunburst up for a buy it now of £250.00. You might do better reverting the bass to original spec and selling the mods separately.
P

agree to a point

in this case adding a scratchplate wouldnt really increase value at all, unless the original was also supplied

i agree that you would probably get more money by takin off the mods and selling them seperatly if you still have the original parts

otherwise, £280-£300 i think

[quote name='NancyJohnson' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:58 PM' post='164959']
One interesting aside here...some friends of ours want to throw about £100K at building an extension on their house. The place is worth c.£450K - the ceiling price for homes in their general area is £450K, so there is no way the house could make £550K after the work is done.

Tell them to PM me, Im looking for some work and 100k gets a lot of extension!!!

[quote]Tell them to PM me, I'm looking for some work and 100k gets a lot of extension!!![/quote]

I will do - job is in Ascot - it's a detached place...two storey extension on one side, and extending a single storey all around the other side. I've said it might be cheaper to move, but the kids are settled in school etc etc.

P

MIM Jazzes go for £200-£250 in the private ads, £20 less here.
Best value bass there is?

A good rule of thumb for any modifications is:

1. Confirm the market value
2. Do the mod
3. Subtract the cost of the mods from the market value

Gives you the current value after modification.

So: £300 bass - change the bridge and pickups = £150 - now worth £150, unless you find someone who values the precise changes made.

Putting it back to original only replaces value of the change required no physical intervention (screws, routing, etc).
If you can tell it was done, don't add back.

Sad, but true....