Why become a member? ×

Speaker options for Ashdown Abm 575w combo

clashcityrocker

hey all, spoke to the people at my local music shop and the speaker in my Asdown abm 575watt combo is dead so i was wondering what good replacements were available? iv had a quick look but only found celestions speakers at 400watts. one of the guys there said i should take the head out and try find a rack case for it,and buy a cab for it,what do people think?
many thanks
simon

Your combo won't be putting out the full 575 watts into one speaker (15 inch I assume). You'd only get the full wattage with two 8 ohm cabs connected to the amp giving a combined impedence of 4 ohms. The old speaker will, more than likely, have been 8 ohms which means the amp would only have been putting out about 350 watts. A 400 watt 8 ohm Celestion or emminence speaker would be more than capable of replacing the old Ashdown speaker.

Your combo won't be putting out the full 575 watts into one speaker (15 inch I assume). You'd only get the full wattage with two 8 ohm cabs connected to the amp giving a combined impedence of 4 ohms. The old speaker will, more than likely, have been 8 ohms which means the amp would only have been putting out about 350 watts. A 400 watt 8 ohm Celestion or emminence speaker would be more than capable of replacing the old Ashdown speaker.

MB1. :)
+ Twelvety...listen to what the man said! :)
Ashdown will have a replacement speaker, and you wont affect the combos resale if you replace it like for like!
Have you got a blue one?.....Fnarr Fnarr!,