Why become a member? ×

london bass/music shops

philt30

Hi there all, I am going to london today and am hoping to visit a decent music/bass shop with the hope of trying some heads and cabs. I will not have long so may get the time to visit one shop (perhaps two if my wife is in a good mood) so don't want to waste my time. So is there any customer friendly (very important) shops with a good range of Head/cabs etc? I think I am mainly looking for lightweight gear if that helps eg. Markbass little mark, genz benz shuttle etc and the neo type of cabs. Thanks in advance for any help. Phil

It'll have to be The Gallery in Camden if your in central London, and I think youll find many agreeing with this. This is where i go pretty much all the time http://www.thebassgallery.com/ If your to the south of it however, Guitar Guitar in Epsom would be worth a visit, haven't been there myself but I hear good reports.

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1322574698' post='1452852']
To everyone who suggested the Gallery, the OP did insist on a 'customer-friendly' shop...
[/quote]Never had a problem there. I know there was a thread recently about, what was judged by the poster as a less than satisfactory incident, but as I remember Alex stood up and apologised for having a bad day.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1322574698' post='1452852']
To everyone who suggested the Gallery, the OP did insist on a 'customer-friendly' shop...
[/quote]

Are you referring to the security buzzer and general fort knox appearance?