Serial No.:L-148208-08
produced:21/11/2008
Info: Corvette Standard, 4-string
Natural Oil finish
Bubinga body
Ovangkol neck
Chrome hardware

The bathroom scales say 5.4kg

Comes with rockbass case and the warwick user kit.

Located in Chertsey (J11 M25), and I'm willing to ship at the buyer's expense.

This came to me in a trade, and it turns out I'm not such a hot fretless player, so it's time to move it on.

I'd prefer cash but am willing to trade, try me.

I'm asking £450

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/21263-dougal"]My Feedback[/url] Edited by dougal

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dougal' timestamp='1322087266' post='1446484']
....Serial No.:L-148208-08
produced:21/11/2008
Made in Korea.
...[/quote]
No it's not: Warwick weren't making basses in Korea in 2008. So it's actually a German-made beauty that you've got there. With the bubinga body and active pups you could argue that this is a budget Thumb. Except that this balances much better than a Thumb! :)

Edited by mart

I will just say im pretty sure that is not Korean.

Korean instruments are different in their S/N's and it would say Pro-Series on the trussrod cover.

I think this is a German one from before the Factory Change which was in 2009 (I should know as I worked for them when it happened!)

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1323991471' post='1469704']
if the serial number is on the back of the headstock between the machine heads, it's pre-2010. = German made, so I am told.
[/quote]
That's definitely not true - there are Chinese basses with the serial between the machine heads, such as this one:

And there are German basses with the serial number below the machine heads, or on the top of the headstock, and probably some with serial numbers in a few other places too! :)

I took ownership of this bass yesterday. Dougal had all the documentation including the QC certificate from 2008 that looks to have been signed in Germany. I'm sure its German, based on this and the comments above. Nice bass but boy do I need a supportive Comfort Strap type thingummy at about 11.5 pounds!

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1324028122' post='1469857']
That's definitely not true - there are Chinese basses with the serial between the machine heads, such as this one:

And there are German basses with the serial number below the machine heads, or on the top of the headstock, and probably some with serial numbers in a few other places too! :)
[/quote] ha! I know nothing! Just what someone told me. From the official Warwick site? sorry