Why become a member? ×

Strings

deanbean502

i have never really had preference when it comes to strings but I have a set on my Kubicki and they are way to bright for my liking, however i have the same set on my warwick streamer and they sound thunderous!

The kubicki is my main bass of course and although the eq is very powerful i just can't seem to find a happy medium with them, so i am thinking of changing the strings not sure what for though.

any ideas?

Forgot to mention strings are Fender rounds

Edited by deanbean502

[quote name='noelk27' timestamp='1322048033' post='1445733']
a nickel string will create a little more volume and a little less brightness.
[/quote]

Agreed. I find that DR Sunbeams give me a bright, but at the same time, a warm tone. Smooth to the feel for rounds too.

[quote name='krazy_olie' timestamp='1322226373' post='1448202']I have sunbeams on at the moment and they are nice. not necessarily to everyone's taste though as they are quite flexible[/quote]

In which case, try Lo Rider Nickels. Sunbeams are wound on a round core and Lo Riders on a hex core. Otherwise, exactly the same wrap materials. Any string wound on a hex core will feel slightly stiffer than it's round core equivalent.

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1322129372' post='1446758']
If you are going to go for the Sunbeams, I would recommend looking on ebay. I recently bought a couple of sets for 18 quid each including postage from USA. :)
[/quote]

Yep !.. thats where I get mine too. Cost including postage is about five to seven euros cheaper than they are here in Ireland.