Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Warwick Streamer Stage I - 4 String

Matt_UK

Hi all

Just putting a little feeler out there for my German made [b]2004 Warwick Streamer Stage I[/b] [b]4 string[/b]. Its in awesome condition, never gigged, with only a few very very tiny dings, none of which can be seen from the front and one of which (by the input jack) was there when I bought the bass. They do not affect the playability or sound in any way and the beautiful flamed maple still looks as incredible as intended!

I've recently had around £100 of work done by Robin at Absolute Music which included a complete setup, a brand new Just a Nut III (as the old JAN II had cracked) and re-string with Picato flats (which makes it a proper smooth growler!).

It comes with a mahoosive metal Warwick flight case and the care kit with everything still intact - it has also been well looked after and regularly waxed.

Looking for a bit of a change in sound and so would love to trade for a Stingray 4, Lakland Darryl Jones 4 or maybe a Fender Jazz with cash adjustment my way (depending on offers!).

If I were to sell,I'd be looking for something around [b]£1200[/b], but [b]will consider any offers[/b]! Would prefer pick up from Dorset but happy to meet people half way. Would also consider posting, though it is really heavy with the case and so shipping might be expensive!

Hope I've covered everything, if not, let me know :D!

[attachment=93499:warwick_17.jpg] [attachment=93492:warwick_03.jpeg] [attachment=93505:warwick_6.jpg] [attachment=93494:warwick_07.jpeg] [attachment=93508:warwick_010.jpg] [attachment=93490:warwick_01.jpeg]

Edited by Matt_UK

[quote name='Matt_UK' timestamp='1321984417' post='1445191']

Terribly sorry about that! Although I had a similar reaction the first time I saw it...
[/quote]

:) just... wow. The only thing that would make this more stunning in my humble opinion would be a trans-black stain.

I wish I was rich, ha!

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1322002224' post='1445466']
:) just... wow. The only thing that would make this more stunning in my humble opinion would be a trans-black stain.

I wish I was rich, ha!
[/quote]

Lol, trans black would look cool - as long as you can still see that lovely flaming through it! Happy to negotiate on price :) !

As a newcomer to the Streamer fold, I can say without reservation that they are amazing. My 1990 Limited Edition Streamer is an absolute beauty. My mate, who is a hardcore Alembic player through and through, is quite in awe of it. No mean feat! Someone will find a lot of enjoyment with this bass.

[quote name='Heartbreaker' timestamp='1322184138' post='1447789']
PM sent
[/quote]

PM replied to.

[quote name='xytras 1978' timestamp='1322204821' post='1447808']
Trade with a Mayones Jabba special custom 4-string (built for the Namm-show in 2009)??
[/quote]

Thanks for your offer - I'm curious...any pics?

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1322208136' post='1447816']
As a newcomer to the Streamer fold, I can say without reservation that they are amazing. My 1990 Limited Edition Streamer is an absolute beauty. My mate, who is a hardcore Alembic player through and through, is quite in awe of it. No mean feat! Someone will find a lot of enjoyment with this bass.
[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation Chris! They really are stonking basses, well made, solid and beautiful. With the pup selection, you can get a great variety of sounds, and passive mode really adds something extra.

May come to regret moving it on, but fancy something a bit different :)

Edited by Matt_UK

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1322172925' post='1447670']
Im in with a band next weekend....... If no offers by then and i find myself playing again....... I may have to make an offer..... I loved the Stage 2, but think the Stage 1 would be more suitable
[/quote]

Is there any particular reason you think the Stage 1 might be more suitable?

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1322323299' post='1449417']
Well iv moved from Thrash/Death Metal/Hardcore to playin in a country band and the maple wood is just a little bit lighter in terms of notes.

The SS2 is lovely, has a great growl and brilliant dry, clarity because of the Afzelia, but Maple wood tends to be that little bit lighter
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree - the maple really does bring a brighter sound, but it still has that low end punch and growl!