Why become a member? ×

Bass needs new strings

LowdownRumble

Its that time of the year again. Old ones have got too much of my epiderma on them. One thing im undecided on is whether i should stick with the Warwick Red Labels my bass came with or go for something else. I dont mind the roughness of steels on my fingers, so i was thinking how would strings such as high beams or ProSteels compare to the stocks?

Cue many posts of differing opini :)ns, which is no bad thing but doesn't always help with your final decision.

Anyway, for me it's DR Highbeams if I'm going for rounds. Others have reported problems with them in recent months though, although I haven't had any issues.
There you go, see what I mean?

Finding a better string can be a long and expensive process. You'll get plenty of suggestions but they are only suggestions and only you'll be able to decide whether they suit your bass and sound.

There's lots of love for DR strings here, but I've never had a set that I liked and that was before the apparent production issues. It was simply that they didn't deliver what I wanted on the basses that I tried then on.

Stick with what you know, unless you're not happy with the strings you are already using.