Why become a member? ×

SOLD (pending) Fender Jazz USA '75 Special Edition

paragon

For sale or possible trade (for a pre CBS Fender with cash from me), a '75 USA reissue Special Edition Fender Jazz in candy apple red. Almost as new with just the faintest trace of player wear (to be honest, the bass could probably pass for brand new). Includes G&G vintage case in almost new condition and all unopened case candy apart from the grey lead that was originally supplied (not a clue where that's gone) - also includes all original hang tags. There's some information on these SE basses on here and on talkbass. They're often seen as some of the best Js Fender have made and the same build quality and woods as custom shop. I think this CAR is one of the earlier basses (about 2002) from a run of about 250 (around 900 SEs were built in total). See thread here -

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/136224-fender-jazz-bass-fsrspecial-edition/page__hl__fender%20jazz%20special%20edition"]http://basschat.co.u...ecial%20edition[/url]

This bass is almost unplayed - action is very low (probably too low for some) and again, in fantastic condition. The neck is flamed maple with a mid-dark rosewood board and pearloid blocks with white binding. Tone is very mid '70s - very growly and aggressive - I've had a '76 J and this is seriously close. Weight isn't mid '70s and the bass weighs about 9.5lbs I think (sorry no scales).

Details

Body - alder I thnk
Finish - CAR with MHS
Head - serif logo and bullet truss rod
Neck - flame maple
Fingerboard - mid-dark rosewood (blocks and binding)
Case - vintage G&G in excellent condition
Strings - rotosound swing bass medium (from what I can remember)

These don't come up often and are very rare. Price is usually around £1100-1300 and I've seen some for €1600 in Europe (especially for super rare sonic blue versions). I'm selling for £975 collected or £995 with UK shipping. I'm in Cheshire and can get to Stockport no problem (even Manchester if that makes things easier).

Any further info or more pictures just let me know

Edited by paragon

Now present at chez MTB, lovely bass and Tony's a great guy to deal with. Wish I'd had time for a coffee!

My first US Fender in a few years.....hope I don't miss my MM too much cos there's no room for another 4 string fretted in the house ( once I manage to pick up Pete's Precision.........)

Edited by martthebass