Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Custom Shop Relic '58, mint, all case candy New Pics!

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1322069193' post='1446190']
Completely off topic, for which I apologise, but I love the Bass V on your website! Did you used to own it? I have always wanted one, but not sure why :)
[/quote]

Firstly, congratulations, i think you're the first, and probably last person to view my rather lame attempt at showcasing some of my collection!! :)

The Bass V is not one of mine, although like you, I've always fancied one, for curiosity value only i suspect. I think 5 mins after buying it, I'd probably question what possessed me (I had the same raection with a fretless, wanted one for years, and finally bought one, only to realise that it was the most limited bass I'd ever picked up, let alone bought!).

They are lovely looking instruments though, and the shortscale makes it interesting, one day maybe, it would have to be a dot neck sunburst though. I nearly bought one from new york a few years ago, but it didnt have the impossible to find bridge cover or case, and i'm a bit obsessed with things being 'right', so passed on it, was great value though.

Thanks again for looking at the site, i must get the rest of my gear on there!!

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1322069193' post='1446190']
Completely off topic, for which I apologise, but I love the Bass V on your website! Did you used to own it? I have always wanted one, but not sure why :)
[/quote]

Just noticed you have a Fretless Precision, after my previous reply! :)

To add to that, i think my lack of musical ability with the instrument I love, was the main factor in me not quite knowing what to do with it, rather than the instrument itself!

I'll get my coat. TAXI !!!!!

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1322088183' post='1446498']
Another visitor to your web site Rick and most enjoyable it was too. :)
[/quote]

Thanks Gary, between me and you, my 10 year old Son showed me how to do it, after i saw him creating one, needless to say, i felt pretty old, and past it, kids today have tooo much knowledge!! :)

It's quite an amateur start though, more to come hopefully!

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1322087748' post='1446493']
The Bass V is not one of mine, although like you, I've always fancied one, for curiosity value only i suspect. I think 5 mins after buying it, I'd probably question what possessed me.

They are lovely looking instruments though, and the shortscale makes it interesting, one day maybe, it would have to be a dot neck sunburst though. I nearly bought one from new york a few years ago, but it didnt have the impossible to find bridge cover or case, and i'm a bit obsessed with things being 'right', so passed on it, was great value though.
[/quote]

Yes, that's sort of my impression of them too, but I thought they were 34" scale?

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1322087930' post='1446495']
Just noticed you have a Fretless Precision, after my previous reply! :) To add to that, i think my lack of musical ability with the instrument I love, was the main factor in me not quite knowing what to do with it, rather than the instrument itself!
[/quote]

I do indeed, and a lovely bass it is too! Am selling a '73 fretless too, which I had put out as trade bait for the bass you have for offer here, but now I understand why you wouldn't be interested! :)

Yes, that's sort of my impression of them too, but I thought they were 34" scale?

Maybe they are 34" actually, i guess i meant the short, stubby 15 fret neck, having never actually played one, the oddity of them has always made me curious, one day i'll find one somewhere, have a plonk, and be grateful i didnt spend £2k+ on one!!! :)

Your '73 does like nice, i've very partial to a sunburst/rosewood/tort combo, i just dont get on playing them, i found it to be an expensive way of making a slide sound better, but then i guess that shows my limited talent!!

Sell the '73, and buy my '58, that sounds like a plan!! :)

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1323802694' post='1467326']

Here's another trio, my 56's...

[attachment=95231:trio 55.JPG]
[/quote]
OOOOMMMMGGG!!!! :) :) :)
Now I know one more thing to do once I get that Time Machine up and running.
Amazing collection, dear Sir.