Why become a member? ×

Boss LS2

paul_5

Ok, what's the deal with the LS2? I'm toying with upgrading my looper to one that has two independent loops, and will allow me to blend in the clean signal. Am I better off (though not financially) getting a boutique/custom jobby or is the LS2 "all that"?

answers on a saucy seaside postcard please.

Amen to all that. Whilst I don't use mine all too often, when the time is right they are a damn useful tool. One glitch tho is that for blending a pedal with your dry signal, the effect needs to be in the right phase or else you'll lose some low end. Not a big deal, as 99% of the pedals you'll come across will be fine - just watch out for those inconsistent madmen at Electro Harmonix. We love them because they're crazy.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1320833811' post='1431924']
The LS-2 is fine unless you have a need for switching between both of its parallel effects loops and one single effect loop. It's got a lot of modes but that isn't one of them unfortunately, and that's why I had to replace mine with a bespoke pedal in the end.
[/quote]

That is something I would also like to be able to do - But can 'live' without - for now :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1320880422' post='1432832']
TBH the only use I make of it is to have an OC-2 either soloed or in parallel with other effects. But while it's only one thing it's a thing I do a lot, so it was necessary to replace the LS-2.
[/quote]

I'd use it for the same :)

On the future toys list...