Why become a member? ×

Signature Excalibre Bass - anyone owned one?

steverickwood

In the late 80s there was a canadian guitar company called the signature guitar company who were prevalent for endorsees including Alex Lifeson from Rush and Guy Pratt. They were quite short lived however.
Their only model for bass was called the Excalibre - just wondering if anyone here owned or played one and what they thought? A bloke just offered one to me for $600. I know they are fairly obscure but wondered if they had any common issues etc.

I have a bit of a thing for guitars crafted in the 80s so its perversly appealing!

Any knowledge here would be appreciated:)

There were a lot of 'Made in China' Bodies, Necks & basses which appeared to be off the same production line as SX & Jim Deacons being sold as New-old-stock Canadian 'Signature' products a while ago by an ebay seller who span a yarn about clearing out a factory or some such nonsense. Some kind of scammery appeared to be going on.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' timestamp='1320744508' post='1430655']
There were a lot of 'Made in China' Bodies, Necks & basses which appeared to be off the same production line as SX & Jim Deacons being sold as New-old-stock Canadian 'Signature' products a while ago by an ebay seller who span a yarn about clearing out a factory or some such nonsense. Some kind of scammery appeared to be going on.
[/quote]
^^^ This - there's a thread on TB about it that you might want to read before committing to anything...

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1320837278' post='1431987']
if you want something that looks like that there is a wonderful looking roscoe in the sale section (last time I looked) for £400 which looks amazing
[/quote]
Hey thanks Luke - to be honest, its more of a collector thing really; always liked that brand. I have too many instruments anyway!