Why become a member? ×

STOLEN/MISSING BASS - Black Mexican Jazz 4 string

Count Bassy

A black 4string Mexican Fender Jazz complete with Gig bag went missing from the back room of 'The Racehorse' in Northampton last night. Somewhere between 10.30 and 11pm.

This belonged to the bassist in my son's band, who were playing at a multi band gig there. It is possible that one of the other bands picked it up by accident, E-mails have been sent to them all, but no replies received yet. Hopefully this was a mistake and it will be returned, but it is possible that it was actually stolen.

It's a bit battered and has a white rectangle stuck on the upper horn. I will try and find photo's of it and should have the serial number soon. Local shops have been informed and E-bay will be watched, but if anyone should come across something like this for sale in odd circumstances please be wary, and/or let me know.

Thanks in advance,

EDITED: Here's a picture. Of course the White rectangle is probably easily removed. From the multicoloured 'Balls' I guess they're D'addario strings.

Edited by Count Bassy

keep an eye on joinmyband (and similar) website too - lot of naughty peeps have been using sites like it to sell stuff

have you heard of the [url="http://www.immobilise.com"]immobilise[/url] website ? you can enter serial numbers of all sorts of personal property on there - its main aim is to assist police forces in restoring found or recovered property to its rightful owner - especially if it is found away from the area it went missing - it enables police forces to search UK wide and not just their own area - havent looked at the site for a while but i think it also allows a buyer to enter a serial number of an item to see if it comes up on the lost/missing list?