Why become a member? ×

Not an 'issue', rather request for feature...

Dad3353

Good evening...

I'll skip the 'Congrats on the new site...' etc; 'twould be sincere, but your time is short, so...

Polite request for a few lines from the Original Post to be displayed in a pop-up when the cursor 'hovers' over a forum thread title. Is it technically feasable (much as the pop-up when 'hovering' over a Member link brings up their [s]life story[/s]... details...). Has this been deliberately [i]not[/i] implemented..?
The reason for my request..? The site is rather victim of its' own popularity; I log in a least a couple of times a day, and there are always far too many posts since last visit (yes,I use the filter; jolly good too...) so I have to select what to hone in on. With the (appreciated...) use of cryptic headings, one can only see if there is a gold nugget by plunging in. It's not that I'm often disappointed, but it take time (my connection is not in the mega league; far from it...). Final result: I can't keep up with all these postings..!
With a 'hover' over the title link giving a brief notion of the subject inside, I'm sure I, for one, would be better able to keep abreast of this magical flow.
Any chance..?
Thanks anyway, and congratulations just the same on the re-vamp. It was good before; it's bordering on greatness now.
Respect.

No please no more pop-ups. There's already too many of them covering up the content on the site.

They are the main reason why I rarely go on some other music forums.

Only if they can be enabled or disabled at a user level, so those of us who don't want them don't have to suffer.

[quote name='SteveO' timestamp='1320303788' post='1424959']
There is one...
[/quote]
[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1320309319' post='1425007']
You can already get a preview of the thread in by hovering over the arrow in the forum listing and clicking it. Have a look at the attachment for clarity...
[/quote]
Thanks for the replies; I can see clearly now. I'll get used to it, and retract my request. Good work.