Why become a member? ×

Warwick Bass Nut

kevbass

Hello all, just want peoples opinions really, Im going to change the adjust'a'nut on my doublebuck, as I find them to be a bit flimsy and they've fallen apart on me before, I rarely adjust the action from the head end so im going to change it something solid, Im thinking either graphite or bone, I quite like the idea of a bone one, what would you go for?

[quote name='kevbass' post='16427' date='Jun 12 2007, 07:21 PM']Hello all, just want peoples opinions really, Im going to change the adjust'a'nut on my doublebuck, as I find them to be a bit flimsy and they've fallen apart on me before, I rarely adjust the action from the head end so im going to change it something solid, Im thinking either graphite or bone, I quite like the idea of a bone one, what would you go for?[/quote]

MB1. be)

The bass centre do warwick brass adjustable ones for £10.00 +p+p.

If you don't tinker with string types/guages then get a traditional fixed brass job. I've got one of the W adjustable brass ones (in case the plastic one fell apart) but you've got to file it out a lot, which makes the individual screws hard to turn. Bit of a fuss really.

I saw somewhere that they've redesigned the plastic one? That might be the easiest option.

BB

[quote name='dood' post='16445' date='Jun 12 2007, 07:39 PM']hmm are those brass adjustables available in six string versions?[/quote]

MB1. be)
mr dood!
They seem to have a few brass ones (or at least pictures of some)check out warwick on there site!
all the best

MB1.

Thanks for your opinions guys, as I was removing the strings from the bass in preperation for the nut change guess what? yes the flimsy bits of plastic on the adjust'a'nut went ping and it all came apart, and I was very careful in its handling, and the tech I took it to agreed that a good solid nut would be better, so we discussed my options, and came to the conclusion that a custom made one cut from a piece of bleached cows shin bone would be best. apparently graphite nuts tend to wear with frequent string changes, and I prefered the idea of bone instead of brass just to be a bit different. Will take about a week to get it all done, will let you know how it turns out

Warwick have released a Just-A-Nut 3 to replace the flimsy Just-A-Nut 2. It's a drop-in replacement and I've done it for my own Thumb BO. You can do it yourself with just a screwdriver and a couple of very small spots of superglue. I wouldn't recommend trying to swap a Just-A-Nut 2 for a Just-A-Nut 1 (brass) as the brass ones are slightly thicker and you have to remove the truss rod cover, fill the screw holes, and then reposition it after you've put the new nut on. Chore.