Why become a member? ×

Looking for a Gig in Liverpool / Manchester area on Friday 11th November

Cat Burrito

Apologies to the mods if this should be in a different section, but my band has a gap in our gigging schedule and will be around Liverpool on Friday 11th November. We'll be available to do some stripped back acoustic Americana show. Not massively bothered about any fees, just so long as we can pass a hat around AND we're not just playing to just the bar staff. We're up playing a big Americana festival the next day before going on to Leicester so will be at a loose end.

If not Liverpool, anywhere nearby would be better than not playing

Can anyone help? Either with support slots, venues to try or any pointers.

Cheers in advance

EDITED to include wider catchment area

Edited by BurritoBass

I'd jump on Facebook and make a post here: [url="http://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolBandspage"]http://www.facebook.com/LiverpoolBandspage[/url]

It's a cracking little community page frequented by bands, promoters and all sorts, and requests like this often pop up and get results. Well worth a try!

If I spot anything local going on that might be able to squeeze you in, I'll give you a shout!

Mike

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1320170638' post='1423309']
Apologies to the mods if this should be in a different section, but my band has a gap in our gigging schedule and will be around Liverpool on Friday 11th November. We'll be available to do some stripped back acoustic Americana show. Not massively bothered about any fees, just so long as we can pass a hat around AND we're not just playing to just the bar staff. We're up playing a big Americana festival the next day before going on to Leicester so will be at a loose end.

If not Liverpool, anywhere nearby would be better than not playing

Can anyone help? Either with support slots, venues to try or any pointers.

Cheers in advance
[/quote]

Hi burritobass, you're best looking for your gigs down the Mathew Street side of town, either at the new Erics bar, Rubber Soul, The Cavern Pub or indeed the Cavern itself although it may be a little short notice for some of the promotors. Get in contact via email, you never know.

[quote name='rOB' timestamp='1320348339' post='1425748']
oo when and where are you playing in Leicester?
[/quote]

Unfortunately this one has now fallen through so we're looking for Sunday night too

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1320354762' post='1425875']
Hi burritobass, you're best looking for your gigs down the Mathew Street side of town, either at the new Erics bar, Rubber Soul, The Cavern Pub or indeed the Cavern itself although it may be a little short notice for some of the promotors. Get in contact via email, you never know.
[/quote]

Thanks, my singer & drummer have pretty much tried everywhere - it wasn't short notice originally either. I think we've just been unlucky but cheers all the same :)

Edited by BurritoBass

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1320596425' post='1428757']
Unfortunately this one has now fallen through so we're looking for Sunday night too
[/quote]

Obviously not knowing where you were booked, I'd try and get in touch with The Musician and The Donkey for Americana, maybe try Soundhouse too.

Drop me a PM if you're struggling with contact details. Think I've got some somewhere for some of those.

I appreciate that rOB. Because the Americana scene is quite small but loyal I know the 2 main promoters in Leicester (we played there back in Feb at The Donkey & had a fantastic time). I guess we're now just looking for a halfway home venue between Liverpool & Berkshire for Sunday so it doesn't have to be Leicester necessarily anymore. Thanks for the offer :)

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1320601338' post='1428851']
I appreciate that rOB. Because the Americana scene is quite small but loyal I know the 2 main promoters in Leicester (we played there back in Feb at The Donkey & had a fantastic time). I guess we're now just looking for a halfway home venue between Liverpool & Berkshire for Sunday so it doesn't have to be Leicester necessarily anymore. Thanks for the offer :)
[/quote]
Fair enough. Best of luck finding something.