Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1-A - SOLD!

tombboy

In natural.
Good condition for a 27 year old classic. The usual small knocks and bumps. One indent about 1cm on the back of the neck around the twelfth fret.
Loads of tone in this active monster.
Selling because I no longer play.

Can be tried (bring your own amp) in Minehead, Somerset.

£[s]150[/s] collected.

[s][b][color=#b22222][i]NOW ONLY £100.00 COLLECTED!!![/i][/color][/b][/s]

[b][color=#b22222][i]SOLD! Subject to the usual traditions.[/i][/color][/b]

Edited by tombboy

My first bass!!! It's even got the original Westone logo - just the same. £127 quid mine, from Kingfisher music in Fleet, back in 1983 - early 18th birthday present from my Mum and Dad.

All the first basslines I learnt were on this:- Hawkwind's Space Ritual, Soft Machine 6 and Here & Now's Fantasy Shift mostly. Happy memories.

Versatile and solid bass! Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1320139851' post='1422683']
Mmmmm DiMarzios. :)
[/quote]
I was just about to ask if they where DiMarzios - I assumed they were from the adjustable pole pieces.

Very nice bass. I had a natural Thunder I nicked in Leeds in 1986, and couldn't afford to replace it at the time! Have a free bump :)

[quote name='The Twickerman' timestamp='1320139368' post='1422670']
My first bass!!! It's even got the original Westone logo - just the same. £127 quid mine, from Kingfisher music in Fleet, back in 1983 - early 18th birthday present from my Mum and Dad.

All the first basslines I learnt were on this:- Hawkwind's Space Ritual, Soft Machine 6 and Here & Now's Fantasy Shift mostly. Happy memories.

Versatile and solid bass! Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

My first bass too - paid £100 from The Music Dept in St Albans..as a friend used to say about that shop.."free bucket of bullshit with every purchase.."

my first bass too and in exactly that colour!
£150 from one of the music shops on Charing Cross Road in London, circa 1983
Have another free bump for your excellent taste.
if only I lived closer I would love to try this out for old time's sake.....sigh!

OOPS sounds the same but my first bass too,wanted to join my brothers band, told I needed a Bass guitar,only advice given was to make sure it was wood not plywood.Picked it up secondhand from a shop in Nottingham.Any regrets only selling it back when the band went there separate ways and my motorbike needed a repair.
I can't find the money tombboy the world was pretty stuffed when I sold mine,its more stuffed now,Good luck with the sale,Sean

• 1 month later...