Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*USA Musicman 4 String Stingray in Translucent Gold

nickcarey

[center][color="#FF0000"][size=5]USA Musicman 4 String Stringray Bass[/size][/color][b][/b]

[size=4]Serial Number: 49385

Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 3EQ (RRP £1,249.00) with MusicMan Hardcase

You are looking at a pristine, as new condition, made to order, barely used Stingray in a beautiful ‘Translucent Gold’ finish. Nothing has been tampered with or changed.

Having played different Musicman Stingrays I can genuinely say this bass has still got the original Musicman sound and more. I have tried older Musicmans and the punch from this one is immense. The design of the nut on these is much stronger than on older ones too. The condition of this bass is flawless. No fret wear, no nicks, no dings, no dents, no scratches, no flaws, no nothing, except perfection. It looks great, it sounds greats, it plays great, and it feels great. It is everything you could ever possibly want or expect in a Musicman. Musicmans build quality is exceptional. There no gaps between the neck and body and the action on this bass is low and comfortable.

Comes packed as new with Musicman Cleaning Cloth & Warranty Card

You are welcome to try the instrument first

I am a bass tutor and am very careful with my gear, so everything described here is 100% accurate.

Comes with:
Receipt, Jim Dunlop Strap Locks, Musicman Cleaning Cloth & Manual
Feel free to get some feedback on how mint this bass is from my one of my students who has tried it - NiceGuyHomer.

Now reduced from [b][color="#FF0000"]£820[/color][/b] to [color="#FF0000"][b]£775[/b][/color]

I would rather keep this fantastic bass to go with my collection but due to more recent expensive house repairs it has to go.
If you would like some more photos emailed to you I will gladly do so. Further enquiries call/text 07931 315954 or email me.

I will accept Pay Pal, Personal Cheque, Postal Order, Bankers Draft or Cash on Collection.
As standard, if paying by any other method than cash on collection, all funds must be cleared before collection.

Thanks for looking!

Nick :) [/center][/size][/size]

Edited by nickcarey

I have had a thought that I might aswell include two sample tracks that were recorded with this Stingray.
These were put together with the versatile Mr Mic Mac Moe kindly playing the drums.

The Mixing EQ is not great on these tracks but the Musicman still cuts through like a knife.

Enjoy,
Nick

[quote name='nickcarey' post='162719' date='Mar 24 2008, 05:10 PM']I have had a thought that I might aswell include two sample tracks that were recorded with this Stingray.
These were put together with the versatile Mr Mic Mac Moe kindly playing the drums.

The Mixing EQ is not great on these tracks but the Musicman still cuts through like a knife.

Enjoy,
Nick[/quote]

True MM sound... and nice playing too :)

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='162727' date='Mar 24 2008, 05:20 PM']I think that finish is trans gold.

There's a trans orange ray a bit further down the for sale page if you want to see the difference.[/quote]

Top marks for your observation. I'm sure it's Translucent Orange. Check out the Musicman website. Thanks for your interest. Nick

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='162727' date='Mar 24 2008, 07:20 PM']I think that finish is trans gold.

There's a trans orange ray a bit further down the for sale page if you want to see the difference.[/quote]

+1

It's definitely not a trans orange. I have a trans orange stingray and it looks like this:

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='162836' date='Mar 24 2008, 09:04 PM']Sorry to hijack - are those EB flats in the picture (and the recording)? What gauge?[/quote]

It has Rotosound Nickel Roundwounds fitted. 45-105
Simple strings, simple sound!

I have now reduced this from[color="#FF0000"] £820[/color] to [color="#FF0000"]£775[/color]

Some lucky player is going to get an as new bass for a bargain price!

This bass has barely been used as I teach with another bass.

Any qs. feel free to ask

Nick :)

[quote name='dlloyd' post='164368' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:14 AM']That's a beauty! Looks just like my old one apart from the rosewood fingerboard.

Thought it was a one piece body before I saw the edge... they're pretty good at matching grain, aren't they?[/quote]

Thanks for your compliment. I'm amazed at the quality of Musicman Basses for the money. They are as good if not better than some expensive exotic makes.

I wish I could keep this beauty but it's down to not really needing it. I have been far too sensible and whittled down my collection to two Jazz basses over the last couple of years. I used to have errr quite a few, oooops!

I've become a disciplinarian (if there's such as word) and decided to only keep basses and gear I use regularly.

Nick