Why become a member? ×

Gulp

99ster

Oh my goodness:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-1961-Fender-Stack-Knob-Jazz-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360035783175QQihZ023QQcategoryZ64400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-1961-Fender-S...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

:)

Interesting how much black there is in the sunburst - the one featured in the Entwistle book is also finished like this...

[i]Apparently the OW left hander at the bottom of the page used to belong to Joe Long (from 'Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons').[/i]

Edited by 99ster

Our old friend has yet another stonking bass! That neck looks 'too' good to be true...

One point of note - In the past he has always made reference to detailing about pots, such as 'original untouched solder' etc using specific language (at times stating original pots but NOT stating untouched solder etc) and yet his listing makes no reference what so ever to pots or solder! He is quite meticulous in his choice of words (not overly detailed but 'meticulous') and I tend to look for what he DOESN'T say!

Stunning looking bass though!

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='162534' date='Mar 24 2008, 09:36 AM']that "original untouched solder" can mean that the cloth insulation has been pulled back and the wires cut and soldered there... it is no guarantee that the pots or pickups are the original ones that came with the bass.[/quote]

Good point. Funny old game the vintage bass market :)