Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4003 Blueburst - Anyone in the market to buy?

matt_isn't

My favorite colour. I had one on order while they where still made but in the end they cancelled my order (still not clear if this was the distributor or Rickenbacker itsself). :)

Interest also depending on price,condition and logistics.. ;-)

Edited by aheitl

Cool guys, sorry if I went against any rules - as you all know - I'm new to the forum - and forums in general really. I'm based in West Midlands, but also regularly visit Manchester - for logistical purposes. Ik spreek ook een beetje Nederlands omdat ik vijf maand lang in Groningen heb gewoont. I will organise some photographs and more details ASAP - hopefully today. I'm thinking of buying a Gibson RD bass in place - hence why I'm considering selling the Rick. More details to follow ASAP

Hello again guys. I'm really pleased with the interest in my Rick - I wasn't expecting so much interest so quickly! I'm going to be away from regular internet access for the end of the week and weekend during which time I can hopefully play a Gibson RD which I'm hoping to get in place of the Rick. So once I've done that I'll look to post some photographs/think about a price/and so on and so forth.
Have a good weekend everyone. More info after then!

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, some pics and info. It is a 2007 Rickenbacker 4003 Blueburst. I've had it from new and had a choice of two the same from Sound Control, Birmingham. It is currently set up in B,E,A,D (with B-D gauge strings) but if you want it in standard maybe I we could organise something. But I guess most folks would rather sort this with their own guitar tech. I've barely played this beast, it just never really felt right for what I was after. I think I gigged it once after the smoking ban came into effect.

Checking the serial number it was made on the 11th week of 2007. The guitar is so close to mint but I won't say it is completely mint because some people may disagree. I would rather not post because of fear of posting something so expensive but I will look into it if a suitable buyer insists.

On the shoulder of the neck there is a few very light marks - I've tried to highlight these in one pic but the light reflection actually makes it look worse. All the "case-candy" is included - cleaning cloth (still sealed), 2 keys, allen key, manuals etc. One foot on the case is loose and one came off but this foot is included inside the case and should be pretty easy to repair if required.

Viewing could be arranged for non-time wasters. I'm in West Midlands but could [u]maybe [/u]also meet someone in Manchester - with prior arrangement. I would rather not post because of fear of posting something so expensive but I will look into it if a suitable buyer insists. Collection would be best. But these details can be discussed.

Contact for more info

£1500 (shipping costs extra)

Matt

Edited by matt_isn't

[quote name='matt_isn't' timestamp='1321364013' post='1438209']
Anyone know how I can edit the title of this post?
[/quote]
Go up to your original post. Click on edit. When the editing page opens, click on 'use full editor'. This opens a window where you can edit the title. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt,

Are you still selling the Rickenbacker 4003? I may be interested sometime in December when some funds have accumulated. If that is inconvenient, I'll have to move on to another seller, however I don't know where to find this rare color elsewhere. Thanks, Cory.

Still for sale. Sent you a message Cory

[quote name='Cory Lyman' timestamp='1322279176' post='1448926']
Hey Matt,

Are you still selling the Rickenbacker 4003? I may be interested sometime in December when some funds have accumulated. If that is inconvenient, I'll have to move on to another seller, however I don't know where to find this rare color elsewhere. Thanks, Cory.
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...