Why become a member? ×

Yet another newbie 4 stringed wonder...

duncbassgit

Hi everyone,
Been a bassist gigging for around 30 odd years but only just found this website!! Played loads of pubs/clubs around the Midlands. Joined the RAF and played in bands in Germany,Holland and Belgium. Now out the RAF, back and playing classic rock/MOR stuff around Stafford. I love vintage bass gear but not afraid to experiment with new stuff that comes out. Just call me old school!

Basses: Fender P 60th Diamond Anniversary in sunburst
Washburn Bantam Fretless
1967 Burns Vibraslim semi acoustic bass

Amp: Marshall JCM800 100w Superbass (I think 1986)
Vox AC50 Valve head (1972)
Marshall 1936A sloping 4 x 12
Marshall 1974 straight front 4 x12

Ridiculous really having a complete Marshall stack and car wise a Peugot 206! Can only get 1 cab + flight case and amp in!! Schoolboy error getting rid of my Vauxhall Vectra estate last year.
Looking forward to posting a few replies in the forum.
Cheers guys and gals
duncbassgit :)

Edited by duncbassgit

Hi Alexisonfire,
I live in Stafford town. Bands played in past 2 years The Magpies, Synergy (playing in both bands at same time) and Route 66. The latter was a total misjudgement of character as 2 in the band were alcoholics with no transport, communications. Simply chaos and selfish bastards. At the mo I'm just about to join The Phoenix Band. You been to Phoenix music yet up next to the prison?
Great music shop... much better than Eric at Guitar and son.
Dunc

I live just over the road from the Gatehouse! Keep us posted in the gigs section of the forum and I'll bring a couple of mates along.

Sounds like a bit of a disaster! I haven't actually, I tend to get most of my gear on here and strings etc online, will pop in a take a look next time Im up that end of town.

Hee hee, now that is what I call a rig! :)
May I humbly direct you to this topic?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/129174-tiny-little-rigs/page__hl__tiny+little+rigs__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/129174-tiny-little-rigs/page__hl__tiny+little+rigs__fromsearch__1[/url]

Welcome to the forum.

Hi discreet,
Yep its a monster. I found competition against ego lead guitarists with volume was always a problem. But only recently did I buy the amp head. I only use the amp and top cab for gigs/rehearsals. The bottom cab is extra for outdoor gigs when you need that little bit more oomph and if no power amp/mixer desk present.

The JCM 800 sounds lovely. Smooth, yet funky with pan and slope + the power. I love it. But now made my vox AC50 redundant. Had a look at that forum link 4 small combos. They r good these days. I used to have a custom sound Bass Trucker 50w which was great for practicing at home. My home practice gear is a carlsboro pa amp+an old wem 1x10 cab.
Apart from that I always wanted a Marshall stack since age 17!!
Dunc :)

Hello squire,
thanks for the welcome. Generally flitting round the forum I ve noticed how few marshall rigs there are. The majority of bass players seem to be now on Orange, Ashdown or Trace Elliot.
I'm really old skool and always love how impressive a stack can be!
Thats a nice Jazz you've got there. I like the black frets.
Cheers mate
Dunc at Stafford :)

Hiyas welcome! Pretty big rig you have there. The best thing to happen for me was TC electronics bass rigs. I can't actually move a big 4x12 cab (weak woman) lol, TC gear is light but sounds great. and I can get all my gear in the back of my Focus cabrio. :)