Why become a member? ×

Streamer $$ -

dub_junkie

That looks a bit Custom Shop to me, using the Streamer $$ model as a base.

The body looks like Zebrano under that finish. This has been done for a limited run of 10 before.
These had matched headstocks, though, and were natural with black hardware and no Yin/Yang inlays.

Furthermore, it [i]looks [/i]like three of the pots are stacked, but what for, I couldn't speculate...

The standard set-up is the usual Vol, Pan, Bass, Treble.

Even if you twinned Bass & Treble and threw in a Mid level and[i] f[/i] sweep, that'd only make 2 stacked pots...

Still think it's a custom job!

Edit - Might be heavily grained Ash, actually... In the vein of the Yamaha TRBs.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

That $$ wasn't a ltd that I am aware of but could quite possibly be CS or a special order that a large retail outlet might have specified. Warwick CS prices are just down right silly IMHO. They actually charge you a premium for ordering something lower spec'd than would come on a standard model; I considered a CS SSII which as standard comes with 3 band but I wanted a basic 2 band EQ, it was an extra cost option to get the lower spec'd EQ! Go figure.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='162508' date='Mar 24 2008, 07:46 AM']Think I've worked out what the extra stacked pots are for;

Piezo Bridge Pick-up...

Watch the cost spiral further out of control.

Price?

New, from the Warwick CS, as it stands? Proabably the better part of £2k.[/quote]

Agreed; new about £2k wouldn't be a shock BUT... luckily the $$ bass that all of the options have been thrown on 'isn't' a NT $$. Now that would have been expensive!

[url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=1347&modell=Streamer&page=3&cl=EN"]The same bass on the CS gallery, with all the specs.[/url]

I love Warwick, no doubt, but I can't for one see nor hear the fuss about $$'s, having owned one as well, ah well horses for courses.

[quote name='Josh' post='162515' date='Mar 24 2008, 08:20 AM'][url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=1347&modell=Streamer&page=3&cl=EN"]The same bass on the CS gallery, with all the specs.[/url]

I love Warwick, no doubt, but I can't for one see nor hear the fuss about $$'s, having owned one as well, ah well horses for courses.[/quote]

Good spot and it has to be the same bass. 2700 Euro... not a kick in the rump off £2000!