Why become a member? ×

To fit guard or not to fit guard? That is the question!

warwickhunt

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='167428' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:13 AM']Cheeky monkey :) I was toying with the idea of a see through one but thought it would spoil the look somehow. I was thinking of getting one made in a matt black (sort of like the pup cover) or a vintage white pearl but hey ho, something else came up and it went. [b]Nicest smelling bass[/b] I've ever owned.

I never saw it with a pearl on Peter, it was always white. Superb bass.[/quote]

I know what you mean about the smell, I checked for potpourri in the control cavity :huh:

I'm going to live with the bass as is for the time being and keep my eyes on the forum and eBay for alternatives.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='168253' date='Apr 2 2008, 11:18 AM']Clear ones protect the bass while showing the grain underneath and this bass is a particularly nice piece of wood.[/quote]

Protect from what?? if your not using a pick whats it protecting??

white guard :huh:

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='167428' date='Apr 1 2008, 09:13 AM']Cheeky monkey :) I was toying with the idea of a see through one but thought it would spoil the look somehow. I was thinking of getting one made in a matt black (sort of like the pup cover) or a vintage white pearl but hey ho, something else came up and it went. [color="#FF0000"]Nicest smelling bass I've ever owned[/color].[/quote]
Care to elaborate on that? XD

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='174828' date='Apr 11 2008, 08:59 PM']white guard :huh:

Care to elaborate on that? XD[/quote]

Really, really can't!

It is probably the case inparting the smell to the bas rather than vice-versa but I know of two other owners of this bass who all share the same opinion.

Think the nice smell of a fragrant vanilla candle... sorry I'll just see Colin and Justin out of the door :)