Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Eden WT550

Merton

Good morning!

I love this bass amp, and for the last year I've been telling everyone it's the best bass amp I've ever used. Recently though I've been noticing that I prefer the tone of the GK MB200 I have as a back up and last night I (possibly drunkenly....) decided to get the bigger brother of that and sell this.Will I regret it? Pissobly. But here we go...

This is dated 2004,though some of the boards inside go back to 1997 IIRC, built in the US of A. Around 300W at 8 ohms, 500W at 4 ohms and 620W at 2 ohms (I've never run it at 2 ohms). It really is a great amp,I tend to run it completely flat and use the EQ to tweak slightly for the room. It lets your playing really shine through, subtle changes of style really do result in a noticeable difference out of your speakers, the tone of the amp doesn't mask it at all.

It's in great condition, as the pics show, the only issue I'd say is the volume pot is a bit crackly and I haven't gotten around to buying some contact cleaner to sort it out.

Features include switchable compressor, 5 band semi-parametric EQ, Eden's Enhance control, DI, FX loop, Aux In, and of course a single 12AX7 in the preamp.

Price is £400 plus shipping to the UK mainland, flightcase not included.

Now sold, thanks all.

Edited by Merton

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1318781270' post='1406118']
TBH and in your defence the cracking vol pot is a common, but minuscule, problem with these heads.
+1 for a great amp.
[/quote]

+1 even chris at bass centre says its common with these,mine do the same but once set ,in no way affect operation of amp

Cheers fellas! It is a great great amp and part of me thinks I was a bit hasty in buying the replacement but I am at a place where the core tone of the MB heads is suiting me a it better despite this being possibly my favourite amp tone out-of-the-box ever... (Gotta love alcohol!)

Chris_B asked a question on PM which I'll expand on here, my original post might be a bit vague about age and origin. This is a US made head, I can only guess that the boards were batch-produced (I know Trace used to do this) in 1997 and then final assembly took place in Montrose in 2004.

Edited by Merton

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. £450 delivered mainland UK, £440 cash on collection, or (very long shot) trade for a GK MB Fusion :)

Had some interest but no bites, also had some interesting trade offers but nothing that I need right now, the only thing which would sway me is the MBFusion :)

Sorry for a second bump within a few hours, but the more I think about it the more I wish I'd bought the MBFusion to begin with instead of the MB500. Not that the MB500 is bad (it's brilliant!) but I fancy the slightly different tnal character of the MBFusion.

So, the Eden is here at £450 shipped to mainland UK, or £440 colelcted. I am also now selling my MB500, which is is as near as dammit new and includes everything you'd expect EXCEPT the box (i.e. head, footswitch, manual, power lead). This is £350 shipped to mainland UK or £340 collected.

No trades unless you have the sacred MBFusion :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...