Why become a member? ×

DPD courier issue.

MikanHannille

I ordered a squier bass from GuitarGuitar. I trust them 100% as I've ordered so much more expensive stuff from them before thru online.

So the story goes like this:

I ordered the bass last saturday and as site says on the site "Order before 1pm Mon-Fri and your order will be dispatched the same day for nexy day delivery." So basically I'm expecting it on tuesday(today) around 2:20pm-3:20pm.
So I arranged someone from the family to stay at home that day to recieve the parcel as I have work the whole day. But something cropped up and that person needed to go somewhere else, so I was expecting to find a "Sorry, we missed you." card when I get home. Much to my disappointment, I found nothing, I hurried to my pc to track my parcel down. I found out that it has been recieved and signed by someone which who's name I don't even know or familiar to me.

I phoned DPD, but the recorded voice thingy said that for disputes, I should ring the company from which I ordered it from(or atleast that's what I understand) Tried ringing GuitarGuitar at around 6pm past but it turns out that their customer service closes down at 5:30pm. So I posted the issue on GuitarGuitar's facebook wall. To my suprise a minute later some random number flashed on my mobile, answered it, bloke said he's from GG and he was able to read my post just when he's about to go. I explained to him what happened. He given me advise on what to do and said he'll take note of it and process it first thing tomorrow morning.

Very pleased with GG's customer service. But as for DPD, I'm very disappointed. :)

Done that. According to the website it says "Your parcel has been delivered, signed for by 34 P****, on 04 Oct 2011 at 14:34". Assuming that the 34 there is a house number, I checked it as it was just infront of our house number, but it appears nobody's home since this morning.

My experience with DPD has always been good so far, and same with Guitar Guitar. However, couriers sometimes would leave things with a neighbour. It's happening more frequently for me, with various companies, whilst 10 years ago it was extremely rare (in my experience).
This can be good, as it can make it easier for me to receive a parcel... but how does the company know that I am ok with that particular neighbour? And what if that neighbour has completely different hours to me and we rarely see eachother? That has happened to me, and it was very frustrating. More recently I had a delivery by ParcelForce left with my next door neighbour... but no card to advise me of the fact. I didn't see the neighbour for a few days and she assumed I knew she had my parcel, so she just expected I'll ring her bell when I was home... again it delayed things unnecessarily.

If the door in front is a 34, I bet that's where your parcel is. I would leave them a note giving your mobile phone, so that they can reach you to let you know when you could collect your parcel.

I hope you get it soon, it's frustrating when you know the parcel is right there but you just cannot get to it.

This is why I'm glad I live out of the way enough that couriers need to ring me before making a delivery, for directions. If I'm not available, I can arrange things, so it's always left with someone I'm comfortable with, actually happened me a few weeks ago.

Hopefully this is just a miscommunication, and you get your Squier soon!

DPD have always been awful every time I've used them. They have downright lied to me at times, and on other occasions their driver knocked but was incapable of using the doorbell right next to the door (I live in a flat, as is evident from the address they had, and was nowhere near the front door to hear knocking). dv247 use them, which is a shame because I like dv, but hate DPD, I guess they must be quite cheap.

[quote name='MikanHannille' timestamp='1317834988' post='1395210']
Happy bunny..

Sorted everything out. Except for my wall hanger. I ordered it with the bass but it's nowhere to be found. Better give them a ring again tomorrow.
[/quote]

Excellent! :)

Glad to hear you got this sorted out. IME DPD are absolutely sh*t. I quote from an internal email that was sent around last week:

[quote]
[font="Calibri"]Hello all,[/font]
[font="Calibri"]DPD have been to deliver a package but have run out of time to bring it down to the office![/font]
[font="Calibri"]The delivery driver was here anyway to collect something else but has been instructed by his head office that he is not to go round to the individual businesses! When main reception offered to call us to get someone to go out for it he said he didn’t have time to go back out to his van to bring it in.[/font]
[font="Calibri"]They would not disclose who the parcel is for.[/font]
[font="Calibri"]If you’re expecting a delivery from this company, you won’t get it today![/font]
[font="Calibri"]Ridiculous situation.[/font]
[font="Calibri"]Please circulate round those with no email.[/font]
[/quote]

It's not the first time we've had issues with DPD.