Why become a member? ×

FS : Hohner B Bass 4 (Fretless) (drop to 175)

gapiro

EDIT : PRICE DROP 175 £
Up for grabs here is a Fretless Hohner BBass4 .
It is lined, and has a reasonably fresh set of d'addario lights on it.
Features :

Has a D-Tuner at the bottom which enables easy flick down into drop D (very useful)
Has 2 band EQ (on same knob, the double one)
Has Passive/active switch
Fretless + Lined

I am selling this as I just cannot get comfortable with it. The neck is quite simply too thin (front to back) for me that it hurts my wrists after about 5 minutes. Prolly fine for a Jazz player, but I play fat laklands / precisions :)
I have no idea how much to value this at so i'm going to say that £200 is probably a fair price. I have no hard case so would prefer collection (cambridge), but happy to arrange a hard case + courier at buyers expense.
pics below

[url="http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/gapiro/"]http://s1235.photobu...s/ff428/gapiro/[/url]

[b][/b]

the back has a piece of sticky tape on. Not sure why, has been there all the time i've owned it.

Update:
Previous buyer pulled out as I hadn't realised there was a slight paint chip on the top of the neck.
I'll post a picture shortly.

Edited by gapiro

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1317060800' post='1386224']Love my old B bass. They're very underrated I think. Was also my first attempt at a de-fret and I still use it today; sounds great! The de-tuner can be very handy too. Have a fellow owner's bump :)[/quote]Cheers for a bump.
It is a quality instrument, straight as an arrow. Nice sound. I dont know how to tell if its a defret or not, not something I would know how to tell! As i said though, I'm a big guy and it just doesn't have enough meat for a guy like me to hold

I reckon it's a de-fret; not sure they made fretless ones of these, maybe someone can tell me otherwise. Whoever did this de-fret made a much better job of it than me lol :)

Mine was a bit battered when I got it, same colour as yours; had been partially sanded down by my mate (the previous owner). He'd started sanding it down because it had a silver skull and crossbones painted on it! :) He never finished the job, so there's still patches of black paint on it. I just loved the sound of it though and swapped my mint condition Hohner Jack (the headless one) for it.

They're really nice and punchy basses for the money and this is a fair price I think.

All the best with the sale :)

uhmmm.. when is see this i just want to buy it and attack it with sandpaper untill all the black is gone and then put a nice natural oil finish on it...
... something to think about.. i'll sleep over it and get back to you :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

yep. annoyed.
Uninsured drunken driver . Lucky to survive the twat. Means i hvae to claim on my insurance. Apparently he refused to breathalyse at the station after reading positive in the car.
plus i just spent all my spare cash buying a lovely lakland on here....

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.
Previous buyer pulled out as there is a paint chip on the top of the neck.
Will post a picture later, dont know if it will make the sale of it impossible, or if would attract anyone to maybe sand it down. Will consider offers , or advice !