Why become a member? ×

Squashiest Compressors - No transparent rubbish!!!

fretmeister

I'm after another compressor.

I've had, Punch Factory; Boss Compression Sustainer; rack Behringer stuff etc etc and I keep going back to a Marshall ED1, but it can be a little noisy.

I don't like transparent compression. I like it squashy so the note decays slowly (if at all!!!) like a really overdriven guitar note would, but clean. High squash levels are a must!

I'm also a big fan of Attack and Release controls, but I realise that while some pedals have attack, I've never found one with a Release on it.

I'm close to buying a 4 knob Keeley Compressor - but what else is out there in 'amazing-compressor-land' that I should have a play with before I spend money?

thanks

Does it have to be a footpedal type ?
The Alesis NanoCompressor ( Third Rack format / not made now but cheap when on ebay etc ) has plenty of parameters to get what you want.
In addition to the Threshold / Attack / Ratio / Release knobs you get a choice of Hard / Soft knee and Peak / RMS metering plus decent LED metering.
Stereo (linked) if you want it or just use left channel for mono + Sidechain input if you want to get fancy :-)