Why become a member? ×

HELP NEEDED identifying my bass

Cheeseman

Can anyone please help me, i have been playing bass for nearly 4 years, and own a number of guitars, i bought an Encore bass for £50 from the local cash generators, i assumed it was just a precision bass copy, i bought this bass with a view to it being a cheap bass i could customise with a new paintjob etc. after finding someone to bring my designs to life by repainting it i decided to go on the internet looking for a black sratchplate to go on, on extensive searching, it turns out my Encore bass is slightly smaller and more rounded than the traditional P-bass, and the scratchplate is slightly different in shape and size, i was hoping one of you good people could shed some light on this to help me obtain the correct fitting scratchplate so i can continue with my project.

Enclosed are photos of the bass in question, let me know if better quality photos needed or of specific parts:
[attachment=90068:SPM_A0228.jpg]
[attachment=90069:SPM_A0229.jpg]
[attachment=90070:SPM_A0230.jpg]

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1316876714' post='1383976']
Trace the original and mark the screw holes. Then ask Bass Doc to make you a nice new one in the colour of your choice.
[/quote]

+1

Get Howard (Bass Doc) to make you one.

Hope they're making them out of something lighter now! my first bass was an Encore E83 P copy, only difference I can see from yours
was a more traditional P shaped headstock.
The weight of the thing was crazy though, picking it up now I can't believe I managed to get through gigs with it destroying my spine :) .

Edited by Subbeh

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1316876714' post='1383976']
Trace the original and mark the screw holes. Then ask Bass Doc to make you a nice new one in the colour of your choice.
[/quote]

How would i get in contact with him and how much would it cost? plus can he do graphics on the scratchplate?

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1316955373' post='1384723']
Go to the 'members' or 'feedback' section and look up 'Bass Doc' then send him a PM is probably best, I've lost Howards e-mail address.

He's easy to deal with and reasonably priced.

Good Luck.

R.
[/quote]

Thanks, I shall post pictures of the re-do when it is finished :) even with my collection, i do like the tone and feel of the encore, just not such a fan of being abused for owning one when ive been playing for over 3 nearly 4 years -.- but the sexy new look should change things!