Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray SOLD

jay249

I bought this lovely thing a while back as I've always wanted one, and for all of my playing years I've been a Jazz and now a Precision man, and it's not one of them, quite obvious really, couldn't help myself though, you know how it is!

I have no use for its sound playing wise (I play a lot of classic soul for money), so I'd like some money to fund another one of those nasty smelly, grotty old Fenders.

Foam mutes still intact and working beautifully, shockingly nice looking wood all round, lovely ''Birdseye'' maple, incredible condition for it's age (almost 20 now!, vintage?), I would imagine ones like this are pretty rare and are likely to increase in value if anything.

This thing's strings are still pretty fresh to be honest, the sound is as you would expect, it sounds just like a Stingray should to me!

There's one 1cm-ish scratch which I couldn't get a decent enough photo of, as it has been quite well filled with something.

Welcome to come see it in Bristol, I'd like something around the £820 mark.

Will provide a Warwick rock case,not bad condition and covered in stickers and will protect it just fine.

As always, any questions you can get me on 07772703515 or Pm I up!

Edited by jay249

VERY nice indeed, and the younger brother to mine (Apr 1989). Yours is immaculate while mine bears some scars on the body.... The neck is typical of the period, birdseye and glossy finish. I find these old 2eq Rays more "zingy" and aggressive than more recent ones.

Good luck, it is stunning!! (mine stays where it is for the time being... :) )

[quote name='jay249' post='159250' date='Mar 17 2008, 09:58 PM']There's something wrong with me!, I saw the pics of yours and thought ''I wanna get me one of them''
Ha ha![/quote]

;) :) Is there a doctor in the house? LOL!! :huh: